This was my first brisket that I did yesterday. It turned out pretty well, but I used a store bought rub and it turned out to be really salty. I believe I will make my own rub next time. I smoked it on my Brinkmann charcoal grill with hickory and oak. It was smoked for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. I was very happy with how juicy and tender it was.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
First Brisket smoke.post #1 of 126/7/10 at 3:08pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 126/8/10 at 8:38ampost #3 of 126/8/10 at 9:13ampost #4 of 126/8/10 at 9:14ampost #5 of 126/8/10 at 9:30ampost #6 of 126/8/10 at 9:56ampost #7 of 126/8/10 at 10:09am
That looks AWESOME !
Salty??---A couple beers usually helps.
I agree with RB. The only batch of Bacon I ever made that I had to soak & soak & soak after curing was with the "HI MT BBB" cure. When you use a "pre-mixed" rub, you don't know how much or what is in it. When you mix your own, you can make adjustments in future smokes.
Bearcarverpost #8 of 126/8/10 at 10:24ampost #9 of 126/8/10 at 11:05ampost #10 of 126/8/10 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Thanks, for the comments everyone. I usually like to do my own rubs but I thought I would give this one a try, it was Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. It had great flavor, it just needed to cut about 2/3 of the salt out of it. I will use it again, just a little less of it.
It was 2 pounds.post #11 of 126/8/10 at 2:23pm
Now your brisket looks fabulous and I know it tasted awesome too. Now for your 6 hour smoke. Did you smoke it by time or temp?? We like to smoke by temp not time here.
- First Brisket smoke.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › BDSkelly ~ NY Strips. First Burn on the Lodge Sportsman Grill /... 3 minutes ago
- › Comp pork, Money muscle 32 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE 36 minutes ago
- › Propane VS Electric 38 minutes ago
- › Quick Butts 39 minutes ago
- › Smoked meatloaf? 47 minutes ago
- › STURDY canopy needed 49 minutes ago
- › Bear summer sausage 50 minutes ago
- › Bratwurst Sausage 58 minutes ago
- › Light v's Dark Sugar 1 hour ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona