This was my first brisket that I did yesterday. It turned out pretty well, but I used a store bought rub and it turned out to be really salty. I believe I will make my own rub next time. I smoked it on my Brinkmann charcoal grill with hickory and oak. It was smoked for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. I was very happy with how juicy and tender it was.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
First Brisket smoke.post #1 of 126/7/10 at 3:08pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 126/8/10 at 8:38ampost #3 of 126/8/10 at 9:13ampost #4 of 126/8/10 at 9:14ampost #5 of 126/8/10 at 9:30ampost #6 of 126/8/10 at 9:56ampost #7 of 126/8/10 at 10:09am
That looks AWESOME !
Salty??---A couple beers usually helps.
I agree with RB. The only batch of Bacon I ever made that I had to soak & soak & soak after curing was with the "HI MT BBB" cure. When you use a "pre-mixed" rub, you don't know how much or what is in it. When you mix your own, you can make adjustments in future smokes.
Bearcarverpost #8 of 126/8/10 at 10:24ampost #9 of 126/8/10 at 11:05ampost #10 of 126/8/10 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Thanks, for the comments everyone. I usually like to do my own rubs but I thought I would give this one a try, it was Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. It had great flavor, it just needed to cut about 2/3 of the salt out of it. I will use it again, just a little less of it.
It was 2 pounds.post #11 of 126/8/10 at 2:23pm
Now your brisket looks fabulous and I know it tasted awesome too. Now for your 6 hour smoke. Did you smoke it by time or temp?? We like to smoke by temp not time here.
- First Brisket smoke.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Prime Rib 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › My new Akorn JR 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Weekend Success and still a day left!! 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Beef Ribs 4 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › New guy! 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Smoking Garlic Cloves 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Smokestack with no firebox 6 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 6 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 7 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ