This was my first brisket that I did yesterday. It turned out pretty well, but I used a store bought rub and it turned out to be really salty. I believe I will make my own rub next time. I smoked it on my Brinkmann charcoal grill with hickory and oak. It was smoked for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. I was very happy with how juicy and tender it was.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
First Brisket smoke.post #1 of 126/7/10 at 3:08pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 126/8/10 at 8:38ampost #3 of 126/8/10 at 9:13ampost #4 of 126/8/10 at 9:14ampost #5 of 126/8/10 at 9:30ampost #6 of 126/8/10 at 9:56ampost #7 of 126/8/10 at 10:09am
That looks AWESOME !
Salty??---A couple beers usually helps.
I agree with RB. The only batch of Bacon I ever made that I had to soak & soak & soak after curing was with the "HI MT BBB" cure. When you use a "pre-mixed" rub, you don't know how much or what is in it. When you mix your own, you can make adjustments in future smokes.
Bearcarverpost #8 of 126/8/10 at 10:24ampost #9 of 126/8/10 at 11:05ampost #10 of 126/8/10 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Thanks, for the comments everyone. I usually like to do my own rubs but I thought I would give this one a try, it was Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. It had great flavor, it just needed to cut about 2/3 of the salt out of it. I will use it again, just a little less of it.
It was 2 pounds.post #11 of 126/8/10 at 2:23pm
Now your brisket looks fabulous and I know it tasted awesome too. Now for your 6 hour smoke. Did you smoke it by time or temp?? We like to smoke by temp not time here.
- First Brisket smoke.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Smoked Clams on the half shell,Smoked Scallops reverse seared Pic... 1 minute ago
- › First smoke 6 minutes ago
- › Blackened Redfish, Grilled Shrimp Scampi, and ABT's (Under the... 16 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - seafood tower(2) 19 minutes ago
- › Under the Sea Throwdown Winners!!! 25 minutes ago
- › Smoked Seafood Paella (Under the Sea TD) 27 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Hickory Smoked Chicken Rub With No Cayenne or Chilli... 30 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 30 minutes ago
- › Under the sea - Smoked Salmon Pasta 31 minutes ago
- › New from Michigan 36 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer