This was my first brisket that I did yesterday. It turned out pretty well, but I used a store bought rub and it turned out to be really salty. I believe I will make my own rub next time. I smoked it on my Brinkmann charcoal grill with hickory and oak. It was smoked for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. I was very happy with how juicy and tender it was.
- topicBriskettagged by System, 7/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
First Brisket smoke.post #1 of 126/7/10 at 3:08pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 126/8/10 at 8:38ampost #3 of 126/8/10 at 9:13ampost #4 of 126/8/10 at 9:14ampost #5 of 126/8/10 at 9:30ampost #6 of 126/8/10 at 9:56ampost #7 of 126/8/10 at 10:09am
That looks AWESOME !
Salty??---A couple beers usually helps.
I agree with RB. The only batch of Bacon I ever made that I had to soak & soak & soak after curing was with the "HI MT BBB" cure. When you use a "pre-mixed" rub, you don't know how much or what is in it. When you mix your own, you can make adjustments in future smokes.
Bearcarverpost #8 of 126/8/10 at 10:24ampost #9 of 126/8/10 at 11:05ampost #10 of 126/8/10 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Thanks, for the comments everyone. I usually like to do my own rubs but I thought I would give this one a try, it was Weber Chicago Steak seasoning. It had great flavor, it just needed to cut about 2/3 of the salt out of it. I will use it again, just a little less of it.
It was 2 pounds.post #11 of 126/8/10 at 2:23pm
Now your brisket looks fabulous and I know it tasted awesome too. Now for your 6 hour smoke. Did you smoke it by time or temp?? We like to smoke by temp not time here.
- First Brisket smoke.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Howdy from Decatur, TX 4 minutes ago
- › first try curing - buckboard bacon 7 minutes ago
- › My first RF build. 80 gallon air tank. 8 minutes ago
- › Third starts a charm! 8 minutes ago
- › Starting a wood fire 12 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering (Apr. 28-30) 17 minutes ago
- › Keep original for smoke or chop for a Santa Maria? 31 minutes ago
- › Welcome TO SV 47 minutes ago
- › BBQ And Homebrew Get-Together? 55 minutes ago
- › Thai Jerky 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot