- 148 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Thibodaux, Louisiana
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? Last post on 9/29/13 at 9:00am in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Spatchcock Chicken - Page 2post #21 of 264/12/10 at 6:49amThread StarterWhen I do a spatchcock chicken, it usually takes about 1 hr to 1.5 hrs to get the breast temp to 165-170. I did a low and slow bird at about 250* and I didn't like the texture of the meat. I also brined that one so I'm not sure if it was the brine or the low cooking temps that affected the meat. From that point, I have been smoking the birds at 300-325* and the meat is much better. I don't brine anymore either. I have been injecting the birds with a mixture of melted butter and whatever rub I am using. The meat is always juicy and tender.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 264/12/10 at 8:28ampost #23 of 2610/11/11 at 11:43am
I know this is an old post, but I was reading through some posts on Spatchcocking a bird. In these posts you keep saying that your cooked your bird till the temp was 170 deg. in the breast but your probe is shown in the thigh. Which is it 170 deg. in the breast or thigh?post #24 of 2610/11/11 at 1:21pmpost #25 of 262/23/14 at 9:30am
I am in the process of prepping 2 spatchcocks right now. I brined 2 birds yesterday, rubbed them down with Jeff's rub (it is great), Saran wrapped them, and they are resting. I plan to start the smoker at 2:00 to steady the temp around 280 degrees. I'll send pix when we are done. I also smoked a 10 lb pork butt to a temp of 205 yesterday and she is juicing up wrapped in a cooler. I plan to pull that while the Okie Joe smoker heats up for the chiks.
We are have a big family get together tonight and we are going to eat well! Wish me luck!
- Spatchcock Chicken
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Total Newb 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › somewhat new to smoking 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Brisket time! 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Be Honest 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Tri-Tip 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › BBQ plates at a church festival 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Smoking food for wood 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ