1/2 Franks, 1/2 Tabasco, butter works for me and the girls at Hooters.
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
Need a Wing Sauce Please! - Page 2post #21 of 346/8/10 at 5:53am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 346/9/10 at 7:26pm
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),
El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).
Edited by pandemonium - 10/6/10 at 9:40pmpost #23 of 346/9/10 at 7:34pm
that sounds good there, what do you mean it works for the hooters girls? lol they dont eat there ahhapost #24 of 346/10/10 at 11:03am
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use one or two a month!!!post #25 of 346/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #26 of 346/10/10 at 1:58pmpost #27 of 347/17/10 at 2:37pm
Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.post #28 of 347/26/10 at 5:36amWings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.
Wing Sauce1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered. Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.post #29 of 348/2/10 at 7:23pm
I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend. I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder. Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp). After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic. There were moist, smoked and crispy. They were a hit.
I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow. Get many compliments.post #30 of 348/10/10 at 8:18pmpost #31 of 3410/6/10 at 11:37am
I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce. Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot. I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up somepost #32 of 3410/6/10 at 12:49pmpost #33 of 3410/6/10 at 1:31pm
There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...
For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › First brisket (overnight) 14 minutes ago
- › Just joined the group 25 minutes ago
- › Question about moisture 28 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 29 minutes ago
- › First smoke 31 minutes ago
- › Poor Brisket Choices 32 minutes ago
- › How I start and use my WSM.... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Two Birds, Two different Rubs, Smokin Side By Side With The Tastes... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Looking for the best summer sasage seasoning mix 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer