1/2 Franks, 1/2 Tabasco, butter works for me and the girls at Hooters.
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Need a Wing Sauce Please! - Page 2post #21 of 346/8/10 at 5:53am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 346/9/10 at 7:26pm
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),
El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).
Edited by pandemonium - 10/6/10 at 9:40pmpost #23 of 346/9/10 at 7:34pm
that sounds good there, what do you mean it works for the hooters girls? lol they dont eat there ahhapost #24 of 346/10/10 at 11:03am
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use one or two a month!!!post #25 of 346/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #26 of 346/10/10 at 1:58pmpost #27 of 347/17/10 at 2:37pm
Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.post #28 of 347/26/10 at 5:36amWings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.
Wing Sauce1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered. Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.post #29 of 348/2/10 at 7:23pm
I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend. I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder. Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp). After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic. There were moist, smoked and crispy. They were a hit.
I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow. Get many compliments.post #30 of 348/10/10 at 8:18pmpost #31 of 3410/6/10 at 11:37am
I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce. Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot. I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up somepost #32 of 3410/6/10 at 12:49pmpost #33 of 3410/6/10 at 1:31pm
There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...
For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 40 minutes ago
- › Brined? Frenched? Rubbed? Smoked? Glazed? Cheap Pork Roast! 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Pork Sammies! 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Next! 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Seafood Sausage Help? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What happens when the brine turns the outside of the pork butt... 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Quick Butts 5 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona