1/2 Franks, 1/2 Tabasco, butter works for me and the girls at Hooters.
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Need a Wing Sauce Please! - Page 2post #21 of 346/8/10 at 5:53am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 346/9/10 at 7:26pm
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),
El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).
Edited by pandemonium - 10/6/10 at 9:40pmpost #23 of 346/9/10 at 7:34pm
that sounds good there, what do you mean it works for the hooters girls? lol they dont eat there ahhapost #24 of 346/10/10 at 11:03am
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use one or two a month!!!post #25 of 346/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #26 of 346/10/10 at 1:58pmpost #27 of 347/17/10 at 2:37pm
Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.post #28 of 347/26/10 at 5:36amWings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.
Wing Sauce1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered. Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.post #29 of 348/2/10 at 7:23pm
I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend. I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder. Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp). After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic. There were moist, smoked and crispy. They were a hit.
I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow. Get many compliments.post #30 of 348/10/10 at 8:18pmpost #31 of 3410/6/10 at 11:37am
I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce. Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot. I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up somepost #32 of 3410/6/10 at 12:49pmpost #33 of 3410/6/10 at 1:31pm
There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...
For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › My proud moment tonight... 1 minute ago
- › Grillstock 2017 8 minutes ago
- › German food fest at our neighbor's 11 minutes ago
- › Big Chief - Best chips to use? 15 minutes ago
- › Liver & Onions W/Soy & Lemon 17 minutes ago
- › First two smokes with MES 30 40 minutes ago
- › What can I smoke tomorrow with no prep tonight? 43 minutes ago
- › New vinegar based sauce creation 57 minutes ago
- › I love the bags from Vacum Sealers Unlimited!!! Pics included!! 1 hour ago
- › Another South Florida Gathering ????? 1 hour ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot