1/2 Franks, 1/2 Tabasco, butter works for me and the girls at Hooters.
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Need a Wing Sauce Please! - Page 2post #21 of 346/8/10 at 5:53am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 346/9/10 at 7:26pm
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),
El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).
Edited by pandemonium - 10/6/10 at 9:40pmpost #23 of 346/9/10 at 7:34pm
that sounds good there, what do you mean it works for the hooters girls? lol they dont eat there ahhapost #24 of 346/10/10 at 11:03am
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use one or two a month!!!post #25 of 346/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #26 of 346/10/10 at 1:58pmpost #27 of 347/17/10 at 2:37pm
Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.post #28 of 347/26/10 at 5:36amWings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.
Wing Sauce1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered. Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.post #29 of 348/2/10 at 7:23pm
I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend. I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder. Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp). After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic. There were moist, smoked and crispy. They were a hit.
I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow. Get many compliments.post #30 of 348/10/10 at 8:18pmpost #31 of 3410/6/10 at 11:37am
I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce. Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot. I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up somepost #32 of 3410/6/10 at 12:49pmpost #33 of 3410/6/10 at 1:31pm
There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...
For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › smoked eggs in shell 1 minute ago
- › First brisket help 3 minutes ago
- › Charcuterie overload 7 minutes ago
- › Moose pastrami 9 minutes ago
- › Fillet Mignon Sammies 16 minutes ago
- › Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 or 22.5? 17 minutes ago
- › Woke up and found my corned beer floating... I tossed it. Did I do... 21 minutes ago
- › Need help with fire box 26 minutes ago
- › Butcher Bologna ??? 28 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro TP-20 preliminary review 34 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub