1/2 Franks, 1/2 Tabasco, butter works for me and the girls at Hooters.
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Need a Wing Sauce Please! - Page 2post #21 of 346/8/10 at 5:53am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 346/9/10 at 7:26pm
imo the smoked buffalo wings were horrible, too much smoke flavor per amount of meat on a wing would be my guess and it tasted weird with buffalo style sauce, i recomend making the koreaon wing recipie that chisoxjims created, its good and goes good with the buffalo flavored wings to alternating lol make this sauce a day or more before eating it or warm in pan to blend flavors.
the sauce is:
toasted sesame seeds(1/2 cup),
Shark Sriracha(6 tbsp),
El Yucateco Habanero(1 tbsp),
3 whole serrano peppers,
ground ginger (1 tsp),
soy sauce(1 tsp),
lemon juice(5 tbsp).
Edited by pandemonium - 10/6/10 at 9:40pmpost #23 of 346/9/10 at 7:34pm
that sounds good there, what do you mean it works for the hooters girls? lol they dont eat there ahhapost #24 of 346/10/10 at 11:03am
FRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use one or two a month!!!post #25 of 346/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #26 of 346/10/10 at 1:58pmpost #27 of 347/17/10 at 2:37pm
Since getting older and getting roids is a reason NOT!!! to eat hot foods. i have switched to a butter . steak sauce , pick a peppa sauce . Also i like the alabama white sauce on wings.post #28 of 347/26/10 at 5:36amWings
You can even use frozen ones if you thaw them first. Cut and seperate wing sections as usual. Now you can flour and deepfry. Sprinkle with dry rub and then smoke ,grill, or put them in the oven and bake. Just remember you want an inside temp of 170 degrees. Now this sauce recipe is good and the perfect sauce for wings because it is only as hot as you want to make it. My wife will not even eat black pepper and she will eat this sauce.
Wing Sauce1 Large or 2 medium bottles of you favorite Hot Sauce. ( Texas Pete, Cyrstal, Franks. You get the Idea.
1/4 stick of butter
Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic ,Jarred up stuff is fine
1/4 to 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
Stir well until everything is well blended and hot. Put several wings in a non reactive bowl pour on some sauce and shake until fully covered. Serve with your favorite sides an ice cold beer and some Football.post #29 of 348/2/10 at 7:23pm
I just smoked wings for the first time this past weekend. I just basted with butter, garlic and onion powder. Put them on the smoker for about 4 hours (I was having a hard time keeping an high temp). After I smoked them, I threw them on the girll to crisp them up and again basted with butter, onion powder and garlic. There were moist, smoked and crispy. They were a hit.
I also grill them with just the above mentioned butter, garlic and onion. Low and slow. Get many compliments.post #30 of 348/10/10 at 8:18pmpost #31 of 3410/6/10 at 11:37am
I do 3 parts Frank's hot sauce to 1 part Maurices original mustard BBQ sauce. Takes out some of the heat and makes them have more flavor and a little sweeter for those of you that do not like them hot. I usually add a little cay-an pepper to mine to spice them up somepost #32 of 3410/6/10 at 12:49pmpost #33 of 3410/6/10 at 1:31pm
There was a past thread for an asian sauce that is outstanding on smoked wings using sarachra sp? sauce...
For buffalo wings I use franks, butter, lemon juice....my wife likes to add a pack of the make it yourself garlic italian salad dressing packets to it.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › 2017 Smokers Weekend 22 seconds ago
- › PERFECT RIBS EVERY TIME! This really works! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Charcoal Grill 12 minutes ago
- › Help with mailbox mod 16 minutes ago
- › Cinder block BBQ 31 minutes ago
- › Brick and CMU smoker 37 minutes ago
- › My Experience in the Reverse Flow technology. 55 minutes ago
- › Baked potatoes for 100 1 hour ago
- › New Wisconsin smoker 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Very Particular Pulled Pork Not Pulling Question 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ