or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

white film

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Just opened my cooker fron sitting for a few months. There is a white film on the inside. What is it and how do i get rid of it
post #2 of 6
could be a bunch of things including mold or nastys attacking the residue from your last session.

I would season it again real high temps and clean er out. Then reseason. You could bring it up to temp with a water pan above the heat source to "loosen" things up a bit. Then when it comes down to manageable temps hot water soap and sos brillo pad rinse and reseason er.

Possible post a pic of it for a better understanding, folk around here will know what to do.

good luck and get er back in actionwink.gif
post #3 of 6
Mold? Is it in little dots covering the whole thing or just everywhere?

Did you rinse it last time you used it? If so, could be dried salts from the water.
post #4 of 6
Burn it out, no worries!
post #5 of 6

Do you remember

Do you remember what you cooked last time she was fired up? Sounds like it could be a grease steamed in water residue that was deposited in your last cook??
post #6 of 6
yup get her hot-it will all go away-it's prolly moisture with greese film.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Wood Smokers