or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › For those that don't know bone in loin CSR's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For those that don't know bone in loin CSR's

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I know there's a few of you that haven't had these...Bearcarver comes to mind, I guess this is not common in Pennsylvania. .... Well y'all are missing out!!!    One of the best things pork related IMHO.

 

These were seasoned with only Island Spice Jamaican Jerk Rub and cooked over a fire with my 007 cooker.   Loin CSR's are made to be cooked over a live fire, soooo juicy and gotta love the clean smoke.

 

Sliced up some potatoes and used the griddle on the grill.  I put down some olive oil and butter with onion and baked on cheddar cheese on top so it formed a cheese skirt.

 

Thanks for looking, now go start cooking!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by FWIsmoker - 8/20/16 at 6:43pm
post #2 of 12

Looks Great Keith!!:drool

 

Mighty Tasty!!    Like your Taters too!!:drool----:points:

 

However if you'd pay attention, you'd know I finally found some:Thumbs Up

Link:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250785/best-ever-country-style-bone-in-ribs-mojo-criollo-smoked-grilled

 

 

 

Thanks,

Bear

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 

Looks Great Keith!!:drool

 

Mighty Tasty!!    Like your Taters too!!:drool----:points:

 

However if you'd pay attention, you'd know I finally found some:Thumbs Up

Link:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250785/best-ever-country-style-bone-in-ribs-mojo-criollo-smoked-grilled

 

 

 

Thanks,

Bear


Well good I'm glad you found bone in loin CSR's exist...  What's the deal with several hours of cooking though?    These were on the grill for maybe 1/2 hour are less...only took to 145* being pork loin n all.

 

Well I forgot you have to do the smoke step first in the MES.   I'm real happy though with smoking in one step in cooking over a live fire, the clean smoke flavor is amazing, I wish you could taste it. Adam will tell you the same thing because he uses the same wood grill setup I do.... the clean wood fire/ campfire smoke taste is out of this world good.


Edited by FWIsmoker - 8/20/16 at 6:44pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 


Well good I'm glad you found bone in loin CSR's exist...  What's the deal with several hours of cooking though?    These were on the grill for maybe 1/2 hour are less...only took to 145* being pork loin n all.

 

Well I forgot you have to do the smoke step first in the MES.   I'm real happy though with smoking in one step in cooking over a live fire, the clean smoke flavor is amazing, I wish you could taste it. Adam will tell you the same thing because he uses the same wood grill setup I do.... the clean wood fire/ campfire smoke taste is out of this world good.


LOL--We know you hate Wattburners, but at my age & health, it's the only thing I can handle. Even that's rough sometimes.

 

However I get awesome results from it. The reason it takes awhile is only because I do it low & slow to get good smoke flavor, because I only use a very light smoke. The longer it takes, the more Tasty Light smoke I can get on it.

 

I can do high heat CSRs too, but they don't turn out near as good as the ones that took several hours to lay Great Smoke on.

Here's a Hot & Fast without much smoke flavor. I only took these to 145° too:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250646/csrs-with-teriyaki-marinade-glaze

 

 

Bear

post #5 of 12
Tasty smoke Keith!

POINTS!!!!
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
 


LOL--We know you hate Wattburners, but at my age & health, it's the only thing I can handle. Even that's rough sometimes.

 

However I get awesome results from it. The reason it takes awhile is only because I do it low & slow to get good smoke flavor, because I only use a very light smoke. The longer it takes, the more Tasty Light smoke I can get on it.

 

I can do high heat CSRs too, but they don't turn out near as good as the ones that took several hours to lay Great Smoke on.

Here's a Hot & Fast without much smoke flavor. I only took these to 145° too:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/250646/csrs-with-teriyaki-marinade-glaze

 

 

Bear


Never heard the term wattburners...made me chuckle.    Don't read into something where there isn't, but no I don't have a desire for those I like what I use.   I believe whatever someone uses as long as they're happy is all that matters.

 

I wish you could experience the flavor you get like this even from a short period...flat out AMAZING!  I can't  imagine anything giving a better cleaner light smoke profile then cooking over a live fire even hours in a conventional smoker.    Definitely wouldn't consider this high heat grilling, the distance between meat and fire is well over 2 feet, the airflow exits below the meat (keeps food moister) but the meat gets still bathed in the cleanest of natural smoke and gets a natural infra red searing light from the flames below creates amazing tastes..Perfect combination for flavor.   Seriously I wish I could feed you some food cooked like this.....Nothing can duplicate it not even over a campfire but that's about as close as you can get.

 

 

If anyone likes Jamaican Jerk you MUST try ISLAND SPICE Dry Rub on this cut....OH MY!    It gives pig candy a new meaning!

post #7 of 12

Hey Keith!

 

That is one awesome looking meal!

 

Point for sure!!

 

Al

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post
 

Hey Keith!

 

That is one awesome looking meal!

 

Point for sure!!

 

Al


Thanks Al!   With every  bite I got to thinking the definition of pig candy should be changed. haha.  Almost out of this rub...MUST get some more!

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Tasty smoke Keith!

POINTS!!!!


Appreciate it Case!    I got to thinking the other day I want a motor home or a camper and If I ever do I'm gonna have to make a trip into Bend and cook up some Q with y'all!

 

I would guess between the mini's and if I haul the 007 along we can turn out some type of tasty chow. :biggrin:


Edited by FWIsmoker - 8/21/16 at 8:01am
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 

Leftover for breakfast...If it's wrong I'm not sure what is right

 

 

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post


Appreciate it Case!    I got to thinking the other day I want a motor home or a camper and If I ever do I'm gonna have to make a trip into Bend and cook up some Q with y'all!

I would guess between the mini's and if I haul the 007 along we can turn out some type of tasty chow. biggrin.gif

Come on out! Don't forget, we also would get the benefit of the discada! We can make some great English muffins on it for breakfast!
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post


Come on out! Don't forget, we also would get the benefit of the discada! We can make some great English muffins on it for breakfast!


Absolutely the discada can come out and play too! ...   thumb1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Grilling Pork › For those that don't know bone in loin CSR's