or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Brats, Texas Hot Links & Snack Sticks !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brats, Texas Hot Links & Snack Sticks !! - Page 3

post #41 of 52
Thread Starter 
Ok so, never used sheep casings but gonna give em a shot ! So where do you all get yours ?
post #42 of 52

I get my casing from B&P (Butchers & Packers), But I understand that Sausage Makers has something called pre-loaded and it sounds interesting.

post #43 of 52

I need to learn how to make sausage!   One of these days when I purchase a good grinder and have enough time to research it enough.

 

Looks fantastic!    :points:

post #44 of 52
Butcher packer here
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

I get my casing from B&P (Butchers & Packers), But I understand that Sausage Makers has something called pre-loaded and it sounds interesting.

I have been using the pretubed casings from sausage maker with great results, rinse soak overnight & they are good to go. In my opinion I like them better than the hank from butcher packer.
post #46 of 52

Well Justin, sees like I'm a little slow on the draw this time around--the stats say there were 703 people here before me.  huh.gif

 

What a great job on all that pork and venison!!  

 

I'm green with envy over all the highly skilled help you got with this project.  You're a very lucky fella!!!!

 

POINTS all the way.

 

Gary

post #47 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

I get my casing from B&P (Butchers & Packers), But I understand that Sausage Makers has something called pre-loaded and it sounds interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Butcher packer here

Thanks guys !
post #48 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoPZ View Post

I need to learn how to make sausage!   One of these days when I purchase a good grinder and have enough time to research it enough.

Looks fantastic!    points.gif

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words & point ! I just have a Kitchener #12 grinder that I picked up for $100, it's not heavy duty but works great for what I use it for ! There's a couple other members that have the same one & they seem happy with theirs ! My suggestion is to just go for it, I learned all my sausage making info right here... Between the info in others threads & help from other members ! You'll have a lot of support from this forum if ya need it !
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words & point ! I just have a Kitchener #12 grinder that I picked up for $100, it's not heavy duty but works great for what I use it for ! There's a couple other members that have the same one & they seem happy with theirs ! My suggestion is to just go for it, I learned all my sausage making info right here... Between the info in others threads & help from other members ! You'll have a lot of support from this forum if ya need it !

I agree I picked my grinder up from a pawn shop for cheap & my original stuffer was the gander mt 5lb but learned my lesson & spent some more to upgrade. Dont be afraid to ask questions & give it hell.
post #50 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryHibbert View Post

Well Justin, sees like I'm a little slow on the draw this time around--the stats say there were 703 people here before me.  huh.gif

What a great job on all that pork and venison!!  

I'm green with envy over all the highly skilled help you got with this project.  You're a very lucky fella!!!!

POINTS all the way.

Gary

No prob Gary, life's busy for sure ! I appreciate the kind words & point my friend ! Yea, I have some great helpers.. they keep me on my toes & things are never boring with these two around ! biggrin.gif Thanks for dropping a line !
post #51 of 52

Justin, I missed this one ,nice looking work and great looking family sir ! Check out Syracuse casing co for sheep or hog casings, they cost a bit more but are all American with no Chinese  toxins in em ! :icon_biggrin:  :points:

post #52 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoon View Post

Justin, I missed this one ,nice looking work and great looking family sir ! Check out Syracuse casing co for sheep or hog casings, they cost a bit more but are all American with no Chinese  toxins in em ! icon_biggrin.gif   points.gif

Thanks CM, appreciate the kind words & point ! I will look into them casings for sure, thank you ! icon14.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Brats, Texas Hot Links & Snack Sticks !!