SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › About the Forum › Forum Related Issues › The Web Sites New look
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Web Sites New look

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 
OK.. So I see the site got a new look... I like the idea of not having to scroll the page back to the top to get to the sub categories... Also lost the Subscription notification for new reply's... I see the search icon over in the corner.. but I kinda liked the search bar across the top ... any other changes I haven't seen yet ??
post #2 of 38

Is Chat gone?

post #3 of 38

The quick-link to smoking-meats.com...The one time I go to use it and it's not there, ha! I don't mind the changes, looks good.

post #4 of 38

I don't see a Search either. I usually tell new members to use it. I tried to find it but I couldn't find a Search to look up Search.

post #5 of 38

I'm still totally lost.

 

I will check back when I figger this thing out?

 

Can anybody give me a link for "new posts" to all forums??  Oooppps!  Just found it!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #6 of 38

Looks good... but,

It would be nice to be able to right-click to spell check for reply posts. :sausage:

post #7 of 38

Where are the admins to explain the changes? I play that role on the Outback board.

post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhisper View Post
 

Where are the admins to explain the changes? I play that role on the Outback board.

 

Explain???  I'm not sure the Admins knew anything about the changes either I know I didn't and found out the same way everybody else did when I logged in

post #9 of 38

I like the new look!

 

Search is the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner (for those of you looking for it).

post #10 of 38

Upper right hand corner has everything except Chat.

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Richie

post #11 of 38

Maybe it's a browser compatibility issue, because I don't see that Search icon, nor my avatar like yours shows in your screen shot.

 

I do like the new look, but if Chat is gone I'll miss it.

post #12 of 38

The login box is gone as well.

post #13 of 38

How do we find Jeff's monthly recipes?  It used to be in the upper right hand corner...Yikes!

post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandCollector View Post
 

How do we find Jeff's monthly recipes?  It used to be in the upper right hand corner...Yikes!

BC I get the news letter every Thursday. here is a link to the archive bookmark it til they straighten it out 

Richie

 

http://www.smoking-meat.com/category/newsletters?awt_l=4pVnYx&awt_m=3gtMl5HxvCioVWb

post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
 

BC I get the news letter every Thursday. here is a link to the archive bookmark it til they straighten it out 

Richie

 

http://www.smoking-meat.com/category/newsletters?awt_l=4pVnYx&awt_m=3gtMl5HxvCioVWb


Thanks Richie...I also receive the newsletter each Thursday but was concerned that the archive had disappeared.

 

John

post #16 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandCollector View Post
 


Thanks Richie...I also receive the newsletter each Thursday but was concerned that the archive had disappeared.

 

John

John these guys do a heck of a good job I am sure they are taking notes.Jeff has some really good stuff in their 

Richie

post #17 of 38

The Profile link on the bar is also missing

Richie

post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhisper View Post
 

Maybe it's a browser compatibility issue, because I don't see that Search icon, nor my avatar like yours shows in your screen shot.

 

I do like the new look, but if Chat is gone I'll miss it.

 

Looks like chat is still up, just no link for it...

 

Except here, exclusively :first::

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/chat/

post #19 of 38

I'm a creature of habit.  I wish the search bar was still at the top.  My avatar is so fuzzy that you can't tell what it is.  IMHO.

post #20 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreel View Post

I'm a creature of habit.  I wish the search bar was still at the top.  My avatar is so fuzzy that you can't tell what it is.  IMHO.

I agree, the search bar is a big plus. As is the home button (which I know can be accessed by clicking on the SMF logo). Newbies won't know that I guess. Lots of hidden features in this new format, which I hate. Oh well guess I'll still post my smokes here if I can find the right buttons to push!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Related Issues
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › About the Forum › Forum Related Issues › The Web Sites New look