or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NASCAR Mailbox Mod - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr K View Post


I picked up a 3"X 2' solid aluminum extension and the eight foot aluminum flex pipe for cold smoking. I have a hatch in my deck up against my house. I have a large Kamado with an additional elevated rack and a removable bottom ash pan. I'll probably steal your idea I've seen in your pics and pipe it straight up from below from the mailbox.
-Kurt

 

Kurt, you will find that single wall stove pipe will dissipate heat much better than the flex. You are doing fine, now some fine tuning. Put enough slope on the run to the foodbox so the condensed liquids will flow toward the firebox.

 

T

post #22 of 27

Dr K,  I have a similar issue with the possibility of accidently kicking over the mail box.   I like SmokingBro's set up.

 

 

SmokingBro,

I agree that connecting the tube to the top of the mailbox would help eliminate that curve big time.

post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Dr K,  I have a similar issue with the possibility of accidently kicking over the mail box.   I like SmokingBro's set up.

 

 

SmokingBro,

I agree that connecting the tube to the top of the mailbox would help eliminate that curve big time.

 

One purpose of an external firebox is to cool the exiting smoke as much as possible. Placing the vent on top would decrease the cooling area and speed the smoke to the food box. Something to consider when building, convenience over practicality.

 

T

post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

 

One purpose of an external firebox is to cool the exiting smoke as much as possible. Placing the vent on top would decrease the cooling area and speed the smoke to the food box. Something to consider when building, convenience over practicality.

 

T


Which is what I would want since I have no plans to cold smoke in this smoker.  Hot fish smoking only.

post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 


Which is what I would want since I have no plans to cold smoke in this smoker.  Hot fish smoking only.

They clean the smoke equally for hot or cold smoking.  The difference is more pronounced when cold smoking due to the cooler product collecting more smoke in the same amount of time.

 

T

post #26 of 27

Definite good food for thought.  Thanks

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Definite good food for thought.  Thanks

 

Teamwork, my friend.

 

T

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers