Here we go again Ladies and Gentleman! The 5th annual South Florida Gathering. We always have a great time and anyone on the forum (from anywhere) is more then welcome to join in the fun! Last year we had a bunch of newcomers to the group as well as many returning members!
Let's make this year the best one yet! And to entice y'all...i'm gonna SMOKE A PIG! Also we are adding a Cocktail Competition compliments of @Tiki Guy's Idea!
Highlands Hammock Park
5931 Hammock Road
Sebring, Florida 33872
We all book our sites in the same little area so that we have a whole section to ourselves (map to be posted soon). Book early if you'd like to be in our section. If you would rather camp separate that is also fine. Many nice primitive and RV spots with power and water!
|Name||# of Guests||Site Number||Arrival Day||Notes||Competition(s)|
|David (@Sota D)||138||Thur-Sunday|
|Ron (@Rubbin Butts)||89,88||Thur-Sunday|
|Keith (@JckDanls 07)||87||Thur-Wed|
|@nepas||1||Fri OR Sat|
The Official dates are November 13-15 but your welcome to come early or stay later. Many do!
Saturday is usually our "Main Day"..where we do most of the cooking, conversating, hangout, etc....we like to add some friendly competition in the mix as well. This year we'll behaving the following competitions: Sauce (to be served with the pig at dinner time), Something Special (Any side item, appetizer, or whatever else you like to make as a side or snack), Dessert, and Cocktail (get creative and show off your mixology skills). Not big on competing but want to make something anyway? Do it! :)
Please let me know which category and item you'd like to cook/compete with:
Just a little organization to food being cooked this year as we have more people then we have in the past
Thursday - approx 7-8 attendees
- Beer Can Chickens (Keith - 2, I can also donate another 2 from my freezer if we need more)
- BBQ Baked Beans (Carol)
Friday (The jerky and cold smoking day?) - approx 10-12 attendees
- Bacon (Doug)
- Homefries (Doug)
- How about we bring fixins for fancy smoke sandwiches (smoked turkey sliced up? French Dip? Pastrami sammies? thoughts?)
- Maple Bourbon Ham (Keith)
- Smoked Baked Bean (I can do this or if the award winning Don @OrlandoSmoKing want to take the lead on it he can)
- Smoked/Grilled Chicken wings (rob and doug)
Saturday (The Main day) - approx 20+ attendees
- Sausage, Eggs and pancakes (keith, I can also donate so more eggs since we have alot of people coming)
- Pulled Pork (Don's Friends)
- Grilled Shrimp (David)
- Whole Pig Pickin'
- Corn bread casserole
- @EGA-Q's side dish
Edited by dougmays - 11/9/15 at 6:33am