or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Well, so, um... Pigs? (Graphic)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Well, so, um... Pigs? (Graphic) - Page 2

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

I am really Jealous !!!    Hey I'll give you $75 for one  -----   Do you deliver ??

 

Gary


Brother I have only been to Texas once! Wouldn't be against a trip, but those silly buggers in customs may ask why I seem to have a pig under my jacket! Didn't get to enjoy any "Q" at all while I was there!! From what I understand, there are wild hogs down there as plentiful as rats in New York!! You should have a freezer full of pork! How do the hogs compare to domestic pork?

post #22 of 28

They are getting out of hand tear up lots of stuff.

 

Gary

post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladebuilder View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

 
I am really Jealous !!!    Hey I'll give you $75 for one  
  Do you deliver ??

Gary


Brother I have only been to Texas once! Wouldn't be against a trip, but those silly buggers in customs may ask why I seem to have a pig under my jacket! Didn't get to enjoy any "Q" at all while I was there!! From what I understand, there are wild hogs down there as plentiful as rats in New York!! You should have a freezer full of pork! How do the hogs compare to domestic pork?

To gamey for me ...
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 

Thats what I wondered. I had some domestic boar up here, and it was pretty good. Texture like beef, flavor like pork, but being domestic, wasn't gamey. Thanks for the reply!

post #25 of 28

We don't have too much problem with wild hogs...... They just told all the coonazz hunters that they were always in season, no limit and maded good Jambalaya. Think the taste has to do with how killed, cleaned & cooked.

post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

We don't have too much problem with wild hogs...... They just told all the coonazz hunters that they were always in season, no limit and maded good Jambalaya. Think the taste has to do with how killed, cleaned & cooked.

I agree 100%! Even deer up here can taste nasty if not treated quickly and correctly. Field dress it fast, skin and cool fast, and I hang for at least a week if the temp holds a few degrees above freezing in the shed. If not, set the heater to 5* (37F ish) in the shop and do it there. Then debone and remove ALL the fat. Makes a huge difference...

post #27 of 28

Yeah I was always amazed at people throwing their deer in their pick up driving all over town showing their buddies then finally getting around to skinning and cutting it up, and wonder why it taste funny. 

 

Gary

post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

Yeah I was always amazed at people throwing their deer in their pick up driving all over town showing their buddies then finally getting around to skinning and cutting it up, and wonder why it taste funny. 

Gary
I thought that's how one does it. Or strapped on the hood "deer hunter" style. D@mn Hollywood.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › General Discussion › Well, so, um... Pigs? (Graphic)