or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Bone in rib roast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bone in rib roast

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
First time doing this, looks pretty good.

Cooked at 450, then 325 until internal temperature reached 120, let rest for 20min.

Will take a pic when I slice it.

post #2 of 14
Thread Starter 
Definitely good.


post #3 of 14

Looks good to me     Never cooked one at that high temp 

 

gary

post #4 of 14
Nice!
post #5 of 14

Nice looking roast if that's your preference.  I'm more a fan of a nice consistent edge to edge color instead of well done outer band.

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
 

Nice looking roast if that's your preference.  I'm more a fan of a nice consistent edge to edge color instead of well done outer band.

 

I like it both ways... as it's a rare occurrence I get to enjoy PR:biggrin:.

 

The best way I have found for a consistent color was to cook at high heat 550° then turn off the oven and rest undisturbed for a few hours.

 

 

post #7 of 14

Nice  looks tasty

 

Gary

post #8 of 14

Looks good! I have done it as SQWIB said and it worked good.

Happy smoken.

David

post #9 of 14

Here is a shot of the one I did Christmas  Smoked at 225º

 

post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post
 

 

I like it both ways... as it's a rare occurrence I get to enjoy PR:biggrin:.

 

The best way I have found for a consistent color was to cook at high heat 550° then turn off the oven and rest undisturbed for a few hours.

 

 

 

 

 

That's an interesting method.  I go the low and slow route at 225ish and now I finish off with a reverse sear after resting for 20 mins or so.     It comes out looking like this one:

 

 

 

Not my pic, but an accurate representation.

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Those look great. I've seen that method online as well, might try it next.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post



That's an interesting method.  I go the low and slow route at 225ish and now I finish off with a reverse sear after resting for 20 mins or so.     It comes out looking like this one:




Not my pic, but an accurate representation.
Dam that looks like a sous vide cook
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQWIB View Post


Dam that looks like a sous vide cook

 

 

Yeah.  Cooking at 200 - 225 is close to the same temp range.

post #14 of 14

Looks good enough to eat !!!!  

 

Gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Bone in rib roast