or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Los Angeles....Free: Masterbuilt 30 smoker, semi working
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Los Angeles....Free: Masterbuilt 30 smoker, semi working

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Free smoker....

 

sometimes the smoker shuts off mid smoke or the heating element is going out. It should be a simple fix if you can take off the back and do the wiring.

 

I ended up buying a 40" masterbuilt and never got around to fixing this one.

 

Perfect for a cold smoker as well...

 

message me if you want it.

post #2 of 9
It can probably be rewired, but an Auber PID will turn that into a very accurate cooker with minimal wiring.
post #3 of 9
Man, someone in La La Land needs to jump on this offer.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 

the display is pretty close to brand new. they sent me a replacement display control only a few months back

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by geerock View Post

It can probably be rewired, but an Auber PID will turn that into a very accurate cooker with minimal wiring.

You got any links to how to's about doing exactly this?

post #6 of 9
Basically, find the element terminals, and hook up a 14 gauge power cord. Black and white go onto the element, ground the green. Just be sure to clean to terminals. That power cord simply plugs into the back of the Auber. And cut off the old power cord. PM if you need more info, but these things gave me a cooker that is reliable and maintains temps within a degree or 2.
post #7 of 9

Message sent. I'll take it :)

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by geerock View Post

Basically, find the element terminals, and hook up a 14 gauge power cord. Black and white go onto the element, ground the green. Just be sure to clean to terminals. That power cord simply plugs into the back of the Auber. And cut off the old power cord. PM if you need more info, but these things gave me a cooker that is reliable and maintains temps within a degree or 2.

Which Auber unit specifically works best w/o spending a fortune?

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
 

Which Auber unit specifically works best w/o spending a fortune?


Yes some help please.

Anyone know what would be good?

 

PID controllers seem to be between 40-80 bux but somehow I KNOW that's just to easy...

http://www.auberins.com/?main_page=index&cPath=1

 

Anyone want to point out the right one?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Los Angeles....Free: Masterbuilt 30 smoker, semi working