I have two whole chickens that I am planning on smoking Sunday evening after church. I do have a few questions.
1. What is the best temp to cook the chicken at. My MES 30 goes up to 275. My guess was 275.
2. Should I stick the temp probe in the breast or thigh? I know there are two different temps I am looking for in there.
3. When the probe is in the breast, should it be closer to the bone or more centered in the breast. How far should I stick the probe in as well.
4. Where in the thigh should I check the temp?
5. My plan after reading some post was to cut the chicken where it can be spread in to two halves basically. Is that best or should I just sit it in there whole?
Thanks for the help and I will make sure to reward with plenty of Qview.