- 10 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Location: Niceville Florida
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicPork Baby Back Ribstagged by PGSmoker64, 10/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Weber Genesis w/smoker Baby Back ribs & Bacon (for da beans). Last post on 12/12/13 at 5:56pm in Pork
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- Question on Ribs and Brisket Last post on 11/19/13 at 8:33pm in For New Members
- Chocolate Chipotle Baby Back Ribs Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:30am in Pork
Wild Hawg Rub
Last edited: 9/10/16
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
Got this for convenience and the ease of smoking at tailgates or events without pulling the stick burner. Smoked several meals on it now. While I was assembling the smoker, i saw the wood chip tray...
If you ever wanted to make sausage and jerky this is the book that will get you started. Easy step-by-step instructions show you how to bone out a deer for sausage and jerky. Also includes both...
I know it's bad form to be underwhelmed by this book, but am I the only one who actually read it? There are duplicated parts, there is no discernible order to it, and it is mostly aimed at people...
I received this smoker as a gift - it's the 30" model. I read in the forums here about some mods to improve functionality and I did them: installed a base and casters, added some insulation around...
I received the 38' Smoky Hollow with the glass door at Christmas, and have done about 5 smokes so far. The unit is roomy enough to do a 12+ lb. brisket and much more. After two smokes, I ordered a...
Going to smoke some baby back ribs form SAMs clubpost #1 of 310/11/13 at 8:43pmThread StarterThis might sound like a dumb question but how do you know when there done? What's a good temp to smoke and what should the internal temp be ...... Thanks
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 310/11/13 at 10:26pm
Internal temp on Ribs is pretty useless. The key is tenderness you want. If you want Fall off the Bone then 2-2-1 technique is useful. Set the Smoker for a temp of 225-250°F and smoke the Ribs for 2 hours. Wrap the ribs in Foil with any of a variety of ingredients, I use my Foiling Juice, recipe below, Apple Juice or other liquid you like, and put them back in the smoker for 2 more hours, there is no need to generate smoke at this point. After the time in foil, remove the Ribs and put them back in the smoker, with or without smoke. for the final hour or until they reach the tenderness you like. A good test is to twist one of the bones. If it spins easily you are done. This last hour is to finish the cook, dry up the surface and is a good time to start brushing on any sauce you wish to add. If you prefer Ribs that are tender but still firm enough that you have to bite the meat off, then smoke them at the above temp straight through the 5-6 hours it will take to get them done. A good test here is after 5 hours use a pair of tongs to lift the rack from one end, grab about 3-4 ribs, the rack should bend 90° and the meat should start to split and tear slightly. At this point you should be good to go. Add any sauce during the last hour here too...JJ
For each Rack of Ribs Combine:
1T Pork Rub, yours
1/2 Stick Butter
1/2C Cane Syrup... Dark Corn Syrup...or Honey
1/4C Apple Cider...or Juice
2T Vinegar, 2T Mustard and 1/4C Ketchup to make it more KC Style.
Simmer 5-10 minutes until syrupy consistency.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes, pour over foiled Ribs and
run your 2 hour phase of 3-2-1. For the last phase return
the ribs to the smoker BUT reserve any Juice remaining
in the Foil. Simmer the Juice over med/low heat to reduce to a saucy thickness. Glaze the Ribs for presentation or service.
For a Sweet Finishing Sauce for Pulled Pork: Make a Double batch, Butter optional or do as I do...Use the Smoked Pork Fat from the drip pan...
Add 1/2 the batch to the Foil Pack or place it in a Pan with your Butt, when the IT hits 165*F.
Cover the pan with foil and continue to heat to 205*F for pulling.
At 205* rest or hold the Butt in a cooler wrapped in towels until ready to serve.
Pull the Pork and place it back in the pan with the pan Juices and any additional reserved Foiling Juice to moisten and Serve...OR... Bag and refrigerate until needed.
When re-heating place the Pulled Pork in a Pan or Crockpot and add reserved Foiling Juice or Apple Cider, as needed to make up the Juice that was absorbed while the pork was refrigerated. Cover and re-heat in a pre-heated 325-350*F oven or on High in the crockpot to 165*F and Serve.
Note: the addition of the reserved Foiling Juice or Apple Cider should make the PP moist but not Swimming.
I was AMAZED...No additional sauce needed. Thanks for the inquiries, ENJOY...JJpost #3 of 310/12/13 at 5:16pm
I'm just stopping by to say...listen to JJ! His info, as usual, is right on the money and his foiling juice is the bomb!
I will add this...I don't like my ribs fall off the bone but I do a version of 2-2-1 so that the ribs give the perfect half-moon bite. So, I go 2-1.5-1.5 at 225 and it works out great for me.
- Going to smoke some baby back ribs form SAMs club
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
- › Went all in on the mailbox mod. 4 minutes ago
- › Brisket question 1 hour ago
- › Planning a rf trailer build 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Water pan 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Wine barrel electric smoker 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Expanded steel for concrete block pit 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Beef - Corned Beef and Pastrami 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › TorTilla Press 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt uneven cooking 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › New to SMF, getting back into stickburning 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Masterbuilt Two Door Propane Smoker by JASinIL2006
- › Outdoor Leisure Products Smoke Hollow 38202G by csparrazza
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by mikeg1218
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by fivebadgers
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine