or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Hump Day Rump Day! Now with Leftover view!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hump Day Rump Day! Now with Leftover view!!!

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

Well its been a few days since I have been by the smoker. Getting married sucks up a bit of ones time! Safeway had a good sale on rump roast so I picked one up and fired up the mini. The weather was less than ideal. Rain, wind and dropping temps, guess winter is here. It froze last night so I no longer have to worry about the green tomatoes :ROTF

 

I loaded up a pan of root veggies to go below the roast. I ran the smoker at 285* for the entire smoke. I didn't get very many shots during the smoke because it was raining to hard. Mixtyre of cherry and pecan with kingsford blue charcoal. Rubbed the meat with savory spice MT Massive spice blend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ENJOY!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by dirtsailor2003 - 9/27/13 at 5:58am
post #2 of 24
Thread Starter 

Forgot I took the roast to 135º before taking it off and foiling it for a 45min rest before  slicing! Tonight we'll have left overs as french dip sandweees!

post #3 of 24

That looks awesome! Nice mix of veggies there too. Feel free to send any left-overs my way! 

post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateKnowHow View Post
 

That looks awesome! Nice mix of veggies there too. Feel free to send any left-overs my way! 

Thanks! not going to be many leftovers after tonight!

post #5 of 24

Looks perfect. Are you married yet or is it the preparation taking up your time?

post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

Looks perfect. Are you married yet or is it the preparation taking up your time?

Thanks Todd! Yep all hitched and dragging around the ol ball and chain :wife::ROTF 

 

The preparation was taking up all my time! Now the aftermath is!

post #7 of 24

Great looking food! 

post #8 of 24

Nice job Case....congrats on the marriage.....Willie

post #9 of 24

Yea, Congratulations!!

post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

Yea, Congratulations!!

Thanks Todd!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post
 

Great looking food! 

Thanks Alesia!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Willie View Post
 

Nice job Case....congrats on the marriage.....Willie

Thanks Willie!

post #11 of 24

Looking mighty good, DS.  Bet that would make a wonderful open faced sandwich.

 

Tom

post #12 of 24
Great looking roast Case! I was planning on doing a roast in my mini this weekend but Ma wants some brisket instead. Not sure about getting a packer brisket in my mini and don't really want to fire up the Lang 60; maybe I'll go with a packer and do it folded in half and standing on it's side. . .

Nice qview but I gotta ask. . .when did brussels sprouts become a root vegetable? ROTF.gif
post #13 of 24

Congrats!!!!!!

 

Man that looks wonderful....and yes...I love brussel sprouts too!

 

Kat

post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynN View Post
 

Congrats!!!!!!

 

Man that looks wonderful....and yes...I love brussel sprouts too!

 

Kat

Thanks Kat! We love our sprouts too! Especially smoker roasted!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

Looking mighty good, DS.  Bet that would make a wonderful open faced sandwich.

 

Tom

Thanks Tom!  That's on tap for dinner tonight with mashed taters and homemade gravy!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Great looking roast Case! I was planning on doing a roast in my mini this weekend but Ma wants some brisket instead. Not sure about getting a packer brisket in my mini and don't really want to fire up the Lang 60; maybe I'll go with a packer and do it folded in half and standing on it's side. . .

Nice qview but I gotta ask. . .when did brussels sprouts become a root vegetable? ROTF.gif

Thanks Dutch! I want to see photo's of that folded in half brisket in the mini!! I don't do briskets often and had thought that if I did one in the mini I would separate the point from the flat and put the flat on the top rack and the point on the lower rack.

 

Caught me on that one! I guess the same time the cauliflower that was in the mix did! :ROTF:ROTF

post #15 of 24

Oh MAN that looks so good!  The pink in the center, the crust on the outside, the veggies...

 

How long did smoking it at 285 take?  (Sorry if you said and I missed it).

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLee View Post
 

Oh MAN that looks so good!  The pink in the center, the crust on the outside, the veggies...

 

How long did smoking it at 285 take?  (Sorry if you said and I missed it).

Thanks!!

 

I didn't post that time. It was right around 2 hrs, 2 1/2. I kind of lost track towards the end! I should have pulled the veggies, earlier, or put them on later. They were still good, but a bit more done than I normally like. I also forgot to mention that in the veggies I tossed with Olive oil, salt, pepper, topped with butter. Put a cup or two of beef broth in the pan for some Au Jus makings. At the end I poured off the juices into a pan added wine and some Worcestershire and some spices and reduced it down. Yumm! 

post #17 of 24

Thanks.  And wow, yum indeed.  Your new bride is never going to leave you... :icon_wink:

post #18 of 24
YUM!drool.gif Great looking rump and veggies... YUM! BUT .. best of all I heard frenchie dippie sammies with leftovers!!.. YUM!!

CONGRATS and the hitch ;)
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Great looking roast Case! I was planning on doing a roast in my mini this weekend but Ma wants some brisket instead. Not sure about getting a packer brisket in my mini and don't really want to fire up the Lang 60; maybe I'll go with a packer and do it folded in half and standing on it's side. . .

Nice qview but I gotta ask. . .when did brussels sprouts become a root vegetable? ROTF.gif

Sorry Case.. dont mean to hijack..
but I im with ya.. I wanna see a brisket in the mini too.. I thought of folding it as well. but wasnt sure
What ma wants ma gets .. and THEN we get biggrin.gif
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLee View Post

Thanks.  And wow, yum indeed.  Your new bride is never going to leave you... icon_wink.gif

Funny story she was a vegetarian for 14 years before she got together with me!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Hump Day Rump Day! Now with Leftover view!!!