or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Making Jerky › Mmmm...... Beef Jerky!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mmmm...... Beef Jerky!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

A man has to have something to snack on before, during and after fishing.......right?

I've been hearing some good perch reports from Lake Erie yahoo.gif

 

So, here we go...... 20lbs eye of round

 

 

I was planing on doing these yesterday but didn't work out that way

Here they are a bit too frozen, but the slicer didn't seem to care

 

Two 10lbs batches cut into strips, against the grain

 

 

 

Have to run out to the store to pick up a few items for the marinate 

Hopefully tomorrow they'll be in my dehydrator....


Edited by JP61 - 5/7/13 at 7:15am
post #2 of 19
Thread Starter 

Rytek Kutas' recipes, but with two level tsp instacure#1 per 10lbs 

 

 

Teriyaki

 

Hot Pepper

 

All mixed in after these pics and marinating out in the garage fridge

for at least 24 hrs.

post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 

The waiting game begins.... tick-tock tick-tock...

 

Hot Pepper above Teriyaki

 

Hopefully they'll be done around 11:30ish

post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 

Four hours in...

 

Had to rotate all racks 180° because pieces towards the back were drying a little faster for some reason. This batch is different from others I've done in the past.... 20lbs instead of 10lbs, sliced a little thicker and the humidity is higher. I also need to check if there's a difference in drying from top to bottom. Not sure if my guesstimate of being finished around 11:30ish will hold up. Either way, it's all good!

 

 

post #5 of 19
That's lookin' great so far...looking forward to the finish!

Red
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post

That's lookin' great so far...looking forward to the finish!

Red

 

Thank You Red!

 

.... and thanks for acknowledging my existence biggrin.gif 

post #7 of 19
Looks delicious cnt wait to see the final result!!! Keep us posted!!!
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o90 View Post

Looks delicious cnt wait to see the final result!!! Keep us posted!!!

 

Thanks Steve!

post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 

Mission Accomplished 

 

 

Teriyaki

 

 

Hot Pepper


Edited by JP61 - 5/8/13 at 9:54pm
post #10 of 19

Looks great. I need to make some. The Beef just never seems to be on sale when I have Money!...JJ

post #11 of 19

Looks fantastic!

post #12 of 19

Looks great!  What dehydrator are you using.  What slicer?
 

post #13 of 19
Uw jp61!!! N u mind sharing your recipe for your teriyaki recipe thts my wife's favorite but can't seem to find any good ones
post #14 of 19

Looks delicious!!! I've mastered ground venison jerky, wanna venture into the sliced jerky arena soon!
 

post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post

Looks great. I need to make some. The Beef just never seems to be on sale when I have Money!...JJ

 

Thanks Chef JJ. It is pricey for sure.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post

Looks fantastic!

 

Thank you Alesia!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroforce100 View Post

Looks great!  What dehydrator are you using.  What slicer?
 

 

Thank you!

 

Cabela's 160L

 

Globe 500

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o90 View Post

Uw jp61!!! N u mind sharing your recipe for your teriyaki recipe thts my wife's favorite but can't seem to find any good ones

 

Check your PM

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee Lahmon View Post

Looks delicious!!! I've mastered ground venison jerky, wanna venture into the sliced jerky arena soon!
 

 

Thanks DeeDee! 

 

Nothing to it really, if one has the right equipment. I was fortunate enough to gather what I needed. Good luck!


Edited by JP61 - 5/9/13 at 6:55pm
post #16 of 19

Looks good, may be my next venture to start making jerky.

post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke slinger View Post

Looks good, may be my next venture to start making jerky.

 

Thanks smoke slinger! If you and the family enjoy eating jerky, it's well worth the effort IMO. However, there is one small problem..... it seems like you can never make enough. Half of what I just made is gone already. I guess next time I'll have to make 40lbs biggrin.gif Good luck!

post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 

Finished off the last few pieces of jerky yesterday. My buddy and I didn't even have an opportunity to go fishing yet....lol. I guess I'll need to make some more and scale back a little with the generosity. I do enjoy making it and sharing it, but, at this rate I'll have to go find a part time job! biggrin.gif

post #19 of 19
Mind sha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP61 View Post

Rytek Kutas' recipes, but with two level tsp instacure#1 per 10lbs 


Teriyaki




Hot Pepper




All mixed in after these pics and marinating out in the garage fridge
for at least 24 hrs.

Looks great and cant seem to find any good teriyaki recipes! Mind sharing the teriyaki recipe? Also do you tenderize your meat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Making Jerky
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Making Jerky › Mmmm...... Beef Jerky!