SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fish › Mr T's "Smoked Salmon From Go to Show" w/Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mr T's "Smoked Salmon From Go to Show" w/Q-View - Page 4

post #61 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post
 

MR, T I owe a guy a bet that I lost and he wants some smoked salmon and I am going to try this, during the week, How long will this stay vac pac'd in the fridge??  No freezing, I am going to try to get 6lbs or so, and cut into chunks. 

 

DS
 

 

I have kept it longer than I care to admit.

 

T

post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post
 

 

I have kept it longer than I care to admit.

 

T

Roger that!!!  Thumbs Up

 

DS

post #63 of 81

Mr T, I gotta give it to you, great recipe. Brined some Steelhead with your recipe and smoked to 143 degrees with Alder/Apple/Maple pellets. Came out moist, flaky and buttery. 

 

post #64 of 81

I'm going to give this a try next year. I smoked over 30 samon this year. I'm currently moding my trager so that I can do even more fish next year. I'm canning some also. I'll use some of the brine in it also.

I don't fish for them. My tribe gives them to me. They come out of the Okanogan river with nets.

post #65 of 81

I like to use cream cheese,Samon, sour cream, green onions, celery,garlic.a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and some bell pepper. I throw the stuff in a Ninja then mix it with the cream chease and flaked samon. 

As good as that is... I make a cabbage salsa that is to die for!

post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by twissted View Post

I'm going to give this a try next year. I smoked over 30 samon this year. I'm currently moding my trager so that I can do even more fish next year. I'm canning some also. I'll use some of the brine in it also.
I don't fish for them. My tribe gives them to me. They come out of the Okanogan river with nets.


Twisted, morning.... are we neighbors ?? Howdy neighbor....
post #67 of 81

Great information. Add to my list.

post #68 of 81

I wonder if this would work on striper?

post #69 of 81

 

Good morning! I live above the Golf corse. I hope we can meet some time. 


Edited by twissted - 10/20/15 at 3:45pm
post #70 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 View Post
 

Mr T, I gotta give it to you, great recipe. Brined some Steelhead with your recipe and smoked to 143 degrees with Alder/Apple/Maple pellets. Came out moist, flaky and buttery. 

 

 

That's what smoked salmon should look like, mouth-watering.  I could tell at a glance that you followed the recipe very closely and that you used the TQ version. 

 

Will give the Apple/Alder/Maple blend a try.  Thanks for the tip.

 

Good job and glad you are enjoying.

 

Tom

post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 View Post
 

Mr T, I gotta give it to you, great recipe. Brined some Steelhead with your recipe and smoked to 143 degrees with Alder/Apple/Maple pellets. Came out moist, flaky and buttery. 

 

Dang it man that looks good!!!! :points:

 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

DS
 

post #72 of 81

Salmon turned out GREAT! Thanks.

post #73 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by twissted View Post

I like to use cream cheese,Samon, sour cream, green onions, celery,garlic.a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and some bell pepper. I throw the stuff in a Ninja then mix it with the cream chease and flaked samon. 
As good as that is... I make a cabbage salsa that is to die for!

Hey Twissted, hows about giving up that recipe for that cabbage salsa? Sounds good!
post #74 of 81

I'll sleep on that!

post #75 of 81

I made this recipe and the wife said it was the best salmon she has ever had.   Thanks Mr T.

 

post #76 of 81

Ok here is what I know about smoking salmon. Skip the water when you brine. It just waters the process down. I use a stainless bowl season the fish one layer at a time and when done cover and let chill 13 to 24 hours.  

post #77 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
 

I made this recipe and the wife said it was the best salmon she has ever had.   Thanks Mr T.

 

 

That is a beautiful plate. Doesn't it make you feel good when they tell you, it's the best they have ever had. Point

 

T

post #78 of 81
I followed Mr T's directions to the letter. I made 5.5lbs of farm raised atlantic salmon for my first attempt (party at my house so we had plenty of other food incase in didn't go well).

It took 3 hours with a small fan (I think I will grab another one to reduce the time for it to pilliicel just right)


Everyone including myself were over the moon with how great it was.

Thanks Mr T!!
post #79 of 81
Anyone ever use this recipe with whole Brooke trout? I have about 10 whole trout all around 10-12".
post #80 of 81

Use this for all my smoked fish, trout, salmon,  Love it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fish
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fish › Mr T's "Smoked Salmon From Go to Show" w/Q-View