or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › AMNPS Canadian Bacon with Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMNPS Canadian Bacon with Q-View

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I was so impressed with the last batch of tenderloin CB that I ran out and bought more tenderloins after the first batch was sliced. Again this is made with pork tenderloin rather than the traditional prok loin so I guess it's not technically CB but I don't know what else to call it.

 

Started with 2 packages/4pieces. Trimmed em up and added Morton's Sugar Cure and brown sugar. After the curing process I soaked and rinsed and left uncovered in the meat fridge to get the pellicle forming. Added some Turbinado sugar then into the MES. Cold smoked for 5 hours with cherry then slowly added heat til the IT reached 150.

IMGP2817.JPGIMGP2818.JPGIMGP2821.JPGIMGP2915.JPG

IMGP2920.JPGIMGP2931.JPG

Let rest overnight then sliced up for pizza, sammmies and omelettes. Even used some of this plus some buckboard bacon to pay off my electrician for doing work after hours. He was very happy with the deal since I have him and now his family hooked on BBB from a prior smoke.

IMGP2937.JPGIMGP2940.JPG

 

post #2 of 15

Man that looks good! I see you used the Hormel " Always Tender" tenderloins. I tend to shy away from those on anything cured or for sausage because of the special juices that they pack them in. I like to find " Fresh " pork for these ventures. So my question is ... do you think that there brine had any effect on the way your CB turned out? Just curious.

post #3 of 15

Looks great!

 

Nice color!

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeamotive View Post

Man that looks good! I see you used the Hormel " Always Tender" tenderloins. I tend to shy away from those on anything cured or for sausage because of the special juices that they pack them in. I like to find " Fresh " pork for these ventures. So my question is ... do you think that there brine had any effect on the way your CB turned out? Just curious.


Not sure. My last round wasn't Hormel and the only difference I can think of might be a little difference in the color. I just grab whatever is cheapest at the time. You just inspired me to do a side by side comparison. That means lots of this yummy stuff in my future.
 

 

post #5 of 15

That looks beautiful, Teez!!!

 

Thanks for the Views,

Bear

post #6 of 15

Looks great... Love the photo block.... Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

post #7 of 15

Great job!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #8 of 15

AWESOME!

 

Next on my list

 

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #9 of 15

Looks great Teez.  I have mine in the fridge, looking like this Sunday will be the day.  (Again, thanks for the help).  Looks like you changed the time/temps on this round, which one do you think was better?

 

Gary

post #10 of 15

Holy Crap TEEZ.......It has been a month since my last CB.........Now I gotta make some more........That looks soooo good......This forum drives me crazy with the food pics.....

post #11 of 15

TEEZ, Love the color. But if you want a true taste evaluation I'll send you my address and you can send me a LB or so to taste. Looks-Great.gif

JC1947

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 


Thankis everyone!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyinmd View Post

Looks great Teez.  I have mine in the fridge, looking like this Sunday will be the day.  (Again, thanks for the help).  Looks like you changed the time/temps on this round, which one do you think was better?

 

Gary


Hey Gary,

 

Bet you can't wait for Sunday. I did this one with a cold smoke first since I now have an AMNPS pellet smoker. I didn't have it on the prior batch. This batch is definitely smokier and in my opinion better but you'll do just fine even if you don't have an AMNPS. It's still delicious smoking it at 180 the whole time, just not as smoky as if you have the option of cold smoking prior to bringing the heat.
 

 

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeznuts View Post


Thankis everyone!
 


Hey Gary,

 

Bet you can't wait for Sunday. I did this one with a cold smoke first since I now have an AMNPS pellet smoker. I didn't have it on the prior batch. This batch is definitely smokier and in my opinion better but you'll do just fine even if you don't have an AMNPS. It's still delicious smoking it at 180 the whole time, just not as smoky as if you have the option of cold smoking prior to bringing the heat.
 

 



Yup, I have one of those wonderful little units, biggest question right now is what type of small rub I might add before smoke.  Other than that ready to go.

 

Gary 

post #14 of 15

Great color! Nice work

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyinmd View Post





Yup, I have one of those wonderful little units, biggest question right now is what type of small rub I might add before smoke.  Other than that ready to go.

 

Gary 



This time I forgot the Lawry's seasoning and just rubbed with turbinado sugar and it was perfect.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › AMNPS Canadian Bacon with Q-View