For a small flat ~4-6lbs...what approach should I take? Is it still 1.5hrs/lb @ 225* ?
My thoughts were to rub & plastic overnight.
- Bring to room temp when heating up coals, etc.
- get a steady 215* and add wood for smoke on top of coals ala minion method (will heat up with 1st piece of wood most likely...so want to allow for temp rising.
- spritz w/ apple juice about every hr or whenever i'm adding smoke (whichever is 1st)
- take out @ 190* internal temp
- foil, wrap in towel, sit in cooler or oven that was @ 225 and freshly cut off
Lemme know and I'll add some Qview soon.
I just dont' wanna totally destroy my brisket attempt :D
thx in advance.