So a few weeks ago I posted a thread about ideas of what I wanted to check out for a 250 gal tank I stumbled across. Since then I was able to make some changes to my SFB to make it into a Reverse-Flow. All of the pictures are posted here, http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/fobar22/Smoker%20ver%201/ but I will put a few in the thread as well.
I added a .5" angle iron to act as a drain channel for the drippings, they flow into the tube that goes to a steel can under the smoker.
You can see the cover I welded over the old exhaust hole, and the panels that were added to move the smoke across the bottom.
I brought the exhaust all the way down to the grate
I also made a jacket out of a wool blanket that I had laying around, this thing took the most time so far!
It took me two weekends to make all of the changes and I didn't finish till today (Monday) and I couldn't wait to use it so I went straight to my supplier and picked up two Boston Butts to go straight onto the smoker!
I am still relearning the smoker as the cook continues, but right now it is 65F and a little breezy, with the cover on the thing I am having a hard time keeping the temperature below 250F. I guess I can start using less fuel...
It took a while to warm up completely due to all of the bricks I have in there, 45 all together. They line the full length of the bottom, and the side furthest from the fire. There are also bricks in the firebox to help insulate that. Overall I am extremely satisfied!
Not too bad for working out of the bed of my truck in an apartment complex. I know there is a strict no-grilling policy that I keep ignoring, I didn't want to push the whole welding part, so I had to do that on the weekend when no one was around...