I was wondering if it would cut down smoking time and increase the amount of bark by cutting the butts in half before placing them in the smoker? What do you guys think?
- topicPork Pulled Porktagged by System, 11/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- may just have had my easiest and fastest smoke ever!!! Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:29pm in Pork
- My 11lb pork butt journey Last post on 11/18/13 at 7:06am in General Discussion
- Has anybody used a feral hog for pulled pork Last post on 11/9/13 at 6:45pm in Pork
- Butt Old School, Foamheart Last post on 11/6/13 at 11:40am in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?post #1 of 711/18/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 711/18/10 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 711/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #4 of 711/18/10 at 4:02pmpost #5 of 711/19/10 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/19/10 at 9:05am
I cur down to big chunks sometimes, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. Actually, it can make pulling/shredding easier at times. It's all good my friend.
- cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Currently, there are 462 Active Users (13 Members and 449 Guests)
- › Beef Ribs 1 hour ago
- › My new Akorn JR 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › New guy! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Smoking Garlic Cloves 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Smokestack with no firebox 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Chicken Thighs (Hickory Smoked) 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › First try at a UDS 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ