I was wondering if it would cut down smoking time and increase the amount of bark by cutting the butts in half before placing them in the smoker? What do you guys think?
- topicPork Pulled Porktagged by System, 11/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- may just have had my easiest and fastest smoke ever!!! Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:29pm in Pork
- My 11lb pork butt journey Last post on 11/18/13 at 7:06am in General Discussion
- Has anybody used a feral hog for pulled pork Last post on 11/9/13 at 6:45pm in Pork
- Butt Old School, Foamheart Last post on 11/6/13 at 11:40am in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?post #1 of 711/18/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 711/18/10 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 711/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #4 of 711/18/10 at 4:02pmpost #5 of 711/19/10 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/19/10 at 9:05am
I cur down to big chunks sometimes, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. Actually, it can make pulling/shredding easier at times. It's all good my friend.
- cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Currently, there are 407 Active Users (17 Members and 390 Guests)
- › New to forum and smoking! 14 seconds ago
- › I need help with my mailbox mod please... will not stay lit. 1 minute ago
- › Spit Roasted Fire Bathed Cheddar Brats 2 minutes ago
- › How y'all doing 3 minutes ago
- › Sour Tasting Pork 5 minutes ago
- › Smoked then Sous Vide Brisket for a southern themed meal... 5 minutes ago
- › Greetings all. 10 minutes ago
- › First Time Smoked Corned Beef 15 minutes ago
- › Sausage & Meat Curing Recipe Template w/Scaling & Calculators...... 18 minutes ago
- › First pork butt 20 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations