I was wondering if it would cut down smoking time and increase the amount of bark by cutting the butts in half before placing them in the smoker? What do you guys think?
- topicPork Pulled Porktagged by System, 11/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- may just have had my easiest and fastest smoke ever!!! Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:29pm in Pork
- My 11lb pork butt journey Last post on 11/18/13 at 7:06am in General Discussion
- Has anybody used a feral hog for pulled pork Last post on 11/9/13 at 6:45pm in Pork
- Butt Old School, Foamheart Last post on 11/6/13 at 11:40am in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?post #1 of 711/18/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 711/18/10 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 711/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #4 of 711/18/10 at 4:02pmpost #5 of 711/19/10 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/19/10 at 9:05am
I cur down to big chunks sometimes, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. Actually, it can make pulling/shredding easier at times. It's all good my friend.
- cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Currently, there are 685 Active Users (36 Members and 649 Guests)
- › Cleaning masterbuilt electric smoker 6 minutes ago
- › Bierschinken, mortadella, mettwurst, and more 9 minutes ago
- › Lobster stuffed portabella 10 minutes ago
- › MES Wall Hanging / Flat / Rectangular / Square Mailbox Mod!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Cured Chicken sausage... how pink should it look? 13 minutes ago
- › Sous vide T-bone 20 minutes ago
- › Third starts a charm! 22 minutes ago
- › Redeye Barbeque has join Smoking Meat Forum 29 minutes ago
- › Hello gentleman, and ladies. 31 minutes ago
- › First time poster, Long time reader 33 minutes ago
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot