I was wondering if it would cut down smoking time and increase the amount of bark by cutting the butts in half before placing them in the smoker? What do you guys think?
- topicPork Pulled Porktagged by System, 11/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- may just have had my easiest and fastest smoke ever!!! Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:29pm in Pork
- My 11lb pork butt journey Last post on 11/18/13 at 7:06am in General Discussion
- Has anybody used a feral hog for pulled pork Last post on 11/9/13 at 6:45pm in Pork
- Butt Old School, Foamheart Last post on 11/6/13 at 11:40am in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
Bout the version built for cabelas called Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite. Listen, it's supposed to be a smoker, but really, it's grill, no, an oven, that's it. I've used it several times now in order...
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?post #1 of 711/18/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 711/18/10 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 711/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #4 of 711/18/10 at 4:02pmpost #5 of 711/19/10 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/19/10 at 9:05am
I cur down to big chunks sometimes, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. Actually, it can make pulling/shredding easier at times. It's all good my friend.
- cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Currently, there are 665 Active Users (30 Members and 635 Guests)
- › Cedar smokehouse build 4 minutes ago
- › Smoked Trout 5 minutes ago
- › Wife's away 9 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 12 minutes ago
- › Smoking fruits and vegetables ideas 16 minutes ago
- › Charcoal basket height 25 minutes ago
- › Using UDS without Charcoal basket 28 minutes ago
- › Wife decided she wanted a brisket..... 34 minutes ago
- › Hello from Fuquay Varina, NC 41 minutes ago
- › Last Minute Ribs 42 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by Travelbilly
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer