I was wondering if it would cut down smoking time and increase the amount of bark by cutting the butts in half before placing them in the smoker? What do you guys think?
- topicPork Pulled Porktagged by System, 11/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- may just have had my easiest and fastest smoke ever!!! Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:29pm in Pork
- My 11lb pork butt journey Last post on 11/18/13 at 7:06am in General Discussion
- Has anybody used a feral hog for pulled pork Last post on 11/9/13 at 6:45pm in Pork
- Butt Old School, Foamheart Last post on 11/6/13 at 11:40am in Pork
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?post #1 of 711/18/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 711/18/10 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 711/18/10 at 4:00pmpost #4 of 711/18/10 at 4:02pmpost #5 of 711/19/10 at 7:38amThread Starterpost #6 of 711/19/10 at 9:05am
I cur down to big chunks sometimes, it just depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. Actually, it can make pulling/shredding easier at times. It's all good my friend.
- cut a large butt in half to shorten smoke time?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
Currently, there are 418 Active Users (6 Members and 412 Guests)
- › New smoker in Indiana 22 minutes ago
- › Excessive condensation during a cook 31 minutes ago
- › Any idea what type of ribs these are? 38 minutes ago
- › UMAI Bag Sizes 57 minutes ago
- › Butt cooking to fast? 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Comparison of Pork Butt done 2 ways 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › wish they had more than 3 bags 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett? 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › QUESTIONS for you MES30/40 users 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › I made a HOT alley. 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods