Venison Stew Smoke meat first?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Worth a try if you have the time... look forward to the finish!

Ryan

Worth a try if you have the time... look forward to the finish!

Ryan
Kind of worried it will dry the meat out now that I think of it and the way my luck been running maybe better not. Wish I had a bottle of guinness. I just drank my last one. I think go with red wine. I still working out the details. I making for older guy on the river that gave it to me. This is him, Doyle. He been going to the river almost everyday of his life and is 80. I just a 5 day a weeker.

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_111040933_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230317_111040933_HDR.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Brian, smoking the protein before in the stew is our preferred way now. For venison you could get all that smoky flavor and just "seep" it in the stew so it's still pink....and not over done Yum!

Venison can go very chewy when over done in stew from my personal experience

Reactions: JLeonard
Brian, smoking the protein before in the stew is our preferred way now. For venison you could get all that smoky flavor and just "seep" it in the stew so it's still pink....and not over done Yum!

Venison can go very chewy when over done in stew from my personal experience
You got me to change directions. I going with the pressure cooker. That thing can make shoe leather tender. Man this is turning out to be some work! Been at it for few hours and just now into the pot.

Edit. Went 30 min and it tender. Adding veggies and going another 15.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky