Test driving the Ooni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pizza looks great for your first time. As stated before try making your own dough it will be a game changer. Dust the bottom with corn meal, love that texture.

RG

Reactions: flatbroke
Good looking pizza.
Pizza's get very little smoke ,if any, as they are not in there very long.
If you want to up your game. get a mixer, and a couple scales (if you don't already have them).
Then you can make you own dough.
For a small batch of dough (I usually use around 3 cups of flour) hand kneeding the dough isn’t that big of a deal. I’ve got an Ooni and I love it, in fact made pizzas for my wife and I last week.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The wife and I have toyed with the idea of getting one...it sure looks like it is fun to use. Your first try looks pretty good to me.

How long was the warm up?
and
How long was the pizza in the oven?
Thank you. They are pretty handy to have. And I think if a person can figure out how to make the dough it would be lots of fun. Especially with guests over and kids or grandkids.

Pizza looks pretty good! Keep at it and you'll get it figured out!

Ryan
thanks. The corn salad we had with it was good but I imagine some of that fresh sweet corn you got going on would pick it up a notch or ten.

Wow, I am impressed!! Those are some impressive pizzas for "first try" efforts. They all look great but I gotta have me some meats so the pepperoni for me please sir :emoji_wink: I struggled with pizzas for years until just recently. The Prepared Pantry has some fantastic pizza dough recipes that are super simple to make and are game changers. Also, if you can find whole milk mozzarella that too makes a big, big difference. For the sauce I use a simple recipe with San Marzano tomatoes, a little salt, some mined garlic, and black pepper. Season to taste and add crushed red pepper to it if you'd like. I started doing that recently at the request of Tracy, but I love the red peppers too so no big deal. All of these things are very easy and make a HUGE difference in the quality. With that oven, you'll be cranking out world class pies in nothing flat.

Robert
thanks. I will look into the prepared pantry. Thanks for the sauce recipe too.

That's looks awesome. Great job for a first run. You might have made into the "Enabler Class" that lurks on this site.
I’m
Pizza looks great for your first time. As stated before try making your own dough it will be a game changer. Dust the bottom with corn meal, love that texture.

RG
Thanks. I’m here to help. I will try the corn meal too.

I have the propane version of the Ooni, does a really great job. FYI does an amazing job on searing steaks as well
I will have to try the steaks. Thanks

Very good for your first try. I burnt my first couple not knowing you have to work fast with these things. Vito Iacopelli is an Italian chef here in the US now that has a video(many actually) on how to make the perfect pizza dough.

Thank you for that. The first one out of the shoot was burnt lol.

Reactions: smokin peachey
Nice looking pizza , and congrats on the new oven. ( i also need some meat on mine ) But would not pass up a slice of yours

I just picked up a new big stone for my Q , and love it. slower cook , but will pick up some smoke from a tube and dust or pellets. Making first pizza this weekend with some smoked meats I hope. Already made my first calzone on it . Worked great

I make my own dough, hand mix and kneed . dust of flour and it slides right on to the stone

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky