Smoking sausage 145 degrees

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I usually smoke sausage to IT 152* but yesterday it was cold and I smoked it to IT 145* bloomed 2 hrs. then refrigerated to vacuum next day, they will be BBQed until 152* is this OK?

I do it like that myself . I personally have no concerns about it . Any idea how long they were at 145 ?

Reactions: Biggy1
Pasteurizing sausage works...

2015-12-20 NON INTACT pasteurization table 001.jpg

About 30 minutes.
Yep, you're good....likely closer to a LOG7 reduction of pathogens going 30 minutes.
I do like Dave and start the clock when the sausages reach 136*F INT. Let them go for 1.5 hours and call them done. They might be anywhere from 140-150*F by that point, but they are pasteurized to LOG7 reduction and are safe to pull at that point. I like 1.5 hours to allow for cool spots in the smokehouse....but it runs fairly even....

Yep, you're good....likely closer to a LOG7 reduction of pathogens going 30 minutes.
I do like Dave and start the clock when the sausages reach 136*F INT. Let them go for 1.5 hours and call them done. They might be anywhere from 140-150*F by that point, but they are pasteurized to LOG7 reduction and are safe to pull at that point. I like 1.5 hours to allow for cool spots in the smokehouse....but it runs fairly even....
Thank you sir!

Thank you sir!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky