Smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tmt10914

Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
Anyone know anything about this smoker? It is made by Pitts and Spitts.
IMG_7340.jpeg

Reactions: JLeonard
They have a great reputation so it should be a good one. That's a very unusual location for a firebox. Ouch!

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed reading posts for a long time. Excited to join the group.

Reactions: JLeonard
I've seen picture of it. It's a T pit. Similar to a reverse flow, except the fire goes up both sides and comes into the cook chamber and converges into the middle. Johnson Smokers makes a pit that's similar. Pitts and Spitts has been making pits in Texas since the 80's.

I've seen picture of it. It's a T pit. Similar to a reverse flow, except the fire goes up both sides and comes into the cook chamber and converges into the middle. Johnson Smokers makes a pit that's similar. Pitts and Spitts has been making pits in Texas since the 80's.

Never used one myself. But the only complaints I've heard people talking about is, leaks due to the roll top lid and burning wood to quickly. But that could also be a factor from human error. That's probably not much help but it's the best I got lol

There might be some weirdness with the roll top, but $450 is a probably a good price. It looks it was neglected pretty hard. I see some considerable rust on the bottom frame on the right side that's been repainted. Its looks like someone managed to rust the stainless and tried to clean it up with a angle grinder. That pit new is probably 2k but I don't think they make one with a center firebox anymore. I would check the firebox and make sure it isn't rusted out. If it's still solid you might have a good pit.

Reactions: JLinza and tmt10914
I’ve been looking at the Jambo backyard offset smoker. I don’t think anyone could go wrong with the Jambo stick burner.
It has a LARGE firebox. I think it’s insulated too. The heat and smoke enters the cooking chamber at grate level. Not below the grate. The exhaust is at grate level.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky