Smokehouse Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Sacramento
First, I'd like to thank everyone that's posts on this web site for all the great ideas, inspiration and answers to questions.

This is all your fault. 
32.gif

Now, my skills when it comes to using power tools and handy work is minimal.  Not so much when it comes to computers and geeky stuff.  So, I unlisted the help of my close friend Drew aka "Uncle Drew".  He's got the tools and much more experience using them than myself.

Went shopping for T&G and I was kind of shocked at how much it was at my local HD & Lowes.  I found a builders surplus outfit and was able to save $.35/LF.  Uncle Drew also found some trimming he needed for a project for really cheap.

Stainless steel fasteners...Let's just say you don't buy these things at HD or Lowes unless you want to pay a super premium price. I got lucky again and found a small fastener shop near my house.  Got 400 stainless steel deck screws for $32 plus free bits.  Also picked up the propane burner from Northern Tool, some grills from Outdoor Cooking (replacement grills for an electric smoker) and some super smooth rolling casters with breaks for only $6 ea. from Blue Collar Supply.

The coolest part of gathering the materials is when they ask, "Whatcha building?"  I reply, "A meat smoker!"  Then we both smile and end up chatting about it for a few minutes.

Here's some more pics...

The above pic is me saying they should make "left-handed" drills.  Sorry no picture of everyone laughing at me. 
sausage.gif

My hand kept hitting the fwd/reverse button on the drill but didn't when I help it in my right hand which is totally uncoordinated.

Well, we got the sides and back panels finished.  Fired up the grill for some sausages and drank more beer.  This morning, I woke up sore.  
icon_cry.gif
  I need to get out from behind my desk more!!

I'll post more when we continue the build.  Thanks again to everyone. 
beercheer.gif

Last edited:
Hagisan, morning ... that is one really nice smoke house and H&LL for stout....   How did you get it to hold up that brick and mortar chimney ???  Just kidding....  the picture looks like it's supporting it....     Dave

what was the hottest temp you reached for the pork butt? Curious as to how high of a temperature you can reach with a pine interior.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky