New stick burner!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmokist

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Lafayette IN
I havent really posted much on here in awhile, just kinda lurk here and there but I just picked up a new to me cooker from a buddy who retired and was ready to move on, it's a big offset stick burner. I've never had one this size before and I'm really looking forward to firing it up! My oldest son is gonna be getting married this year and they want to just go to the courthouse and then rent a hall and have big bbq. My wife and I agreed to handle the food as our wedding gift to them and when my friend said this was for sale i figured this was the way to go after hearing some other friends paid close to $7k a few weeks ago to cater their wedding with about the same amount of people! Theres no way i could make enough for 50+ people with a couple of my small backyard smokers so this was it! The wife and I are also considering doing some catering, maybe some small street fairs, parties or something idk yet. It has a second large grill on the side that was for direct charcoal cooking but it's just been used for wood storage for awhile now. I plan to add some new latches, a little fresh paint and a couple more slide out racks and I'll post up so pics on here as I go.

Attachments

• 20221206_154438.jpg
    20221206_154438.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Resized_Screenshot_20220923-123312_Facebook.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20220923-123312_Facebook.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN1460-2(2).jpg
    DSCN1460-2(2).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20160508_070129.jpg
    20160508_070129.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nice find, I've never seen one like that. Is that a reverse flow?
No, not a reverse flow, just has a baffle on the firebox and then the stack drops down into the cook chamber about halfway, he says it cooks really well and holds a consistent temp. He owned it for about 12 or so years.

It's pretty dirty from being parked under his car port and not getting much use lately, I'm gonna go out today and clean it up some and get some measurements for some angle iron.

That's one sweet looking rig and with that size you'll be able to please quite a crowd! RAY

Heres a pic of the other side, looks like at one time it was a direct grill but he just used it for storage. Im wondering if I can put a metal top on this part and then maybe spilt this with a burner in the middle or maybe install a flue from the cook chamber and use this a warning box? Let me know what you guys think My gears are always turning on how I can upgrade things and make something more efficient!

Attachments

• DSCN0530.JPG
    DSCN0530.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Havent fired it up yet but did put some latches I had on the doors.

Attachments

• 20221208_132916.jpg
    20221208_132916.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 58
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky