Need your opinions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ty back

Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
So I'm cooking for 1000 people, yes 1000. Three months ago I thought, no problem. Now 12 days away, I'm panicking. I committed to pork tenderloin sandwiches. My first thought was to grill them. Now I'm thinking smoking them. Who out there has done tenderloin for a large crowd and what tips can you give me? Should I go grilled or smoked? Any tips and pointers appreciated.

Are you doing actual pork,tenderloins or whole porkloin?I have done porkloins for large crowds. Not 1000 people tho. I have done them on the grill and smoked. My opinion would be to smoke them. I'm guessing 25 -30 loins, that's a lot cook on a grill. It would be to easy for it to get out of hand. Hate to burn the crap out of them. I usually cook them to in IT of 140 and pull them out. Wrap in foil and toss in the cambro. Normally it takes about 2 hrs on my RF. Hopefully that helps. And I hope you have aTON of help cooking.

Last edited:
What temp do you smoke on? Brine or no brine? Wrap with bacon?

More info needed. What tools do you have at your disposal? How big and what type is your smoker? What do you have for a grill? Whole tenderloins or sliced? My first inclination would be to smoke whole loins and slice them for sandwiches when done. I would brine even if they have a solution already in them. Grilling would be faster if you have a good size grill but be careful with drying them out. Easy to do if your grilling sliced pork loin for sandwiches.

Are you making other sides? Doing all this on site? Lots of things factor in when you ask for a how to or tips on something like this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky