Krazy weather

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

missed-em

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Dorchester, Il
Yesterday morning decided to smoke something.  Had one green wing teal breast and five dove breasts (yea, I'm Missed-Em) in freezer so decided to do kabobs with pineapple, onion, jalapeno and bacon with the game meat.  While at the store found a package of bacon pieces so that worked good.  At same time put on a spatchcocked chicken to have Sunday.  As I started the UDS the weather began to change, north wind and dropping temps, so I got the wind screen out and kept smokin!

Pulled kabobs after 1 1/2 hour - too long, meat was dry but rest of stuff was good so still edible.  Verdict on chicken still out, pulled at 165 IT and looks good.

As I type this it's 23 out, no snow but roads have that shine to them.  Glad I smoked yesterday - Off to church and breakfast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky