Komodo Style Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bobby Strange

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I am in the market for a new grill - I am really interested in the Komodo style grill/smoker...is it worth the money? Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Menards is where I got my $248 Big Red Kamado Kooker Akorn in my avatar with wood stove insulation in the lid and body. Porcelain enameled painted inside and out. Had it 7 years and all is great. Large gasketed sealed removable ash pan and lid. Use charcoal or lump. Easy to move. I'd buy it again. Got the 17" weber charcoal grate for a 22" weber kettle and this Kamado is also a big 22". The 17" grate fits where the ceramic indirect platter setter sits but is an elevated coal grate vs the low one and to place a 15 inch pizza stone for indirect cooking and drip pan Brisket 2.jpg

Brisket 3.jpg Magnet therms

CAM00028.jpg Easy cleaning

CAM00045.jpg .elevated rack comes with it

CAM00160.jpg Pellet ube or tray fits in bottom for cold smoking and crack or remove ash pan for plenty of air or pipe smoke into the bottom with mailbox mod.

CAM00466.jpg

CAM00850.jpg Put the 17" grate on the setting below this top grate with this 15" or 12" pizza stone on it and a drip pan for indirect smokes. Holds temps in the high 100s to 700+F. 10 lit briquettes surrounded by 15- 20 unlit=24hrs+ at 250.

I have a Vision Kamado and love it for grilling. I have other options I prefer for smoking. Plenty of people love the Kamado for both grilling and smoking though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky