Finished my first build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome build. I was thinking of doing something for leveling if cooking on uneven ground. I wasn’t sure how to go about it but I just might have to barrow ur idea.
They work really well. That's 5/8 in all thread that I welded a nut on the top. Then a coupling nut to the frame. Feet I got from McMaster Car. If I felt like spending more money I would have liked to get acme thread as opposed to the all thread. But it would have been Overkill. Using the ratchet driver I can easily lift any quadrant. But to save the threads from excess wear, I've been using a jack to jack it up to level and then lowering the feet as opposed to using the feet to raise the weight of the cooker.

Beautiful job throughout, some really fine work! Looks by your handle you are somewhere in AZ. I unloaded my offset a couple years back, too old to tend the fire on the hot days, and it's hot every day here all summer. RAY

They work really well. That's 5/8 in all thread that I welded a nut on the top. Then a coupling nut to the frame. Feet I got from McMaster Car. If I felt like spending more money I would have liked to get acme thread as opposed to the all thread. But it would have been Overkill. Using the ratchet driver I can easily lift any quadrant. But to save the threads from excess wear, I've been using a jack to jack it up to level and then lowering the feet as opposed to using the feet to raise the weight of the cooker.
Awesome thanks for the info.

Paint your all thread rod with engine assembly lube. The lube contains a high amount of molybdenum disulphide which is an anti wear compound that penetrates the metal.

RV level gauges would be a great help if your surface is not not on an even keal.

Paint your all thread rod with engine assembly lube. The lube contains a high amount of molybdenum disulphide which is an anti wear compound that penetrates the metal.

RV level gauges would be a great help if your surface is not not on an even keal.
Of course! That's a great idea. Going to pick that up tomorrow....

Thanks again for the recommendation, I just did exactly that. Definitely the best lubricant for the situation. I had tried some liquid graphite, and wax previously. The assembly Lube worked the best

I should not have titled that post my "first build",technically I did one shitty rush job before that. Out of just scrap I had laying around. This one. But I do have a question, thatone does work but did not develop color nearly as quick as this technically second build. This is an hour and 20 minutes into the cook. Clean fire, good draft, damper about 2/3 open. Is this what you guys experience on your offsets for color development?
20240308_114113.jpg
20240308_113644.jpg
20240308_113601.jpg
20240308_113608.jpg
20240308_113615.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky