Filet Mignon W/ Mushrooms In Burgundy Wine Reduction (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man you nailed it Robert! Perfect cook on your new grill as well! And your right...I love that burgundy mushroom sauce...meat gravy, I'd put that on anything!

Ryan

That all looks Great, as always, Robert !! Like.
About 45 years ago, a Buddy of mine used to get me Whole Beef Tenderloins @ a huge discount from Genuardi's. I was somewhat primitive, so all I ever did was slice the whole things from one end to the other across grain. Then I'd freeze them in individual meals to be made on my Hibachi. We loved them!

Bear

Looks like a work of art! Nicely done.

Thank you Sven. Doesn't come close to some of the stuff you've posted recently but it came out pretty well.

Heck of a job Robert. Looks really tasty.

Thanks Jake. If I could have that every day I'd be in Heaven!!

Hell yeah. Man that plate is on point. Steaks cooked perfectly. Shrooms on top. Don't see how it could get any better.

Appreciate if John. Steaks came out well and I loved the 'shrooms with them. A really nice addition.

Robert

That looks killer. I could eat mushrooms at every meal, and stuff like this is the reason why

I'm with you on the mushrooms. I love them. Sadly Tracy is not a huge fan so I don't make them nearly as often as I'd like to.

OMG YES! Robert, those steaks and the plates all look so good! I need to order up some beef!

Great work my friend.

Thanks so much Dave. Plate didn't look nearly as good as it tasted though. Plating and presentation isn't my strong point.

The Romangnola cattle we used to raise (from the same Piedmontese region) were so flavorful, tender but lean. Nice work. Big like.

I'm not familiar with that breed but seemingly there are several from that region that have a different musculature than American beef and are leaner, more tender, and have much more flavor. Heck, up until a few years ago I'd never heard of CPB either so I guess it's no surprise I've not heard of this breed :emoji_wink:

Robert

Awe. Some! Hell of a sear on those steaks! That homemade grill works great! I don't buy much beef steaks simply because we have so much game meat in the freezers, but I'd eat that!! Fantastic cook!

Thanks so much Keith. This was a good meal. I can certainly understand why you don't keep a lot of beef around. i'd love to get access to your freezer though....even for just 5 minutes :emoji_laughing:

No words needed. That filet looks utterly terrific Robert.

Wow Chris. Thank you very much for the accolades. Sometimes less is better and you said all that needed to be said :emoji_wink:

Here I've named the various parts and how I break them down.

Fantastic!! Thanks so much for posting this. I truly appreciate it. Was sort of intimidating looking at a piece of meat of that caliber and not having a clue what to do with it. Looks like my guess work was pretty close and I feel a lot safer now breaking down the other roasts I have.

Robert

Everything looks great Robert, especially the steak.

Thank you Rob. Steaks did come out looking good...or so I thought :emoji_wink: Add those mushrooms though and you're in a whole 'nother galaxy!!

Damn, I think I drooled on myself…. Very nicely done

I know how to do that :emoji_laughing: At least you didn't short out your keyboard like Dave ( sandyut sandyut ) used to have a habit of doing

You sure did nail it. Fantastic!

Thanks so much Ron...at least I assume from your username that you're Ron :emoji_wink: A good instant read thermometer makes all the difference in the world.

Robert

Wow Robert incredible meal

Thanks Cliff. It was good for a quick and easy meal. Not a lot of time went into this one.

Sorry! Not to be fixated on that, but I know a lot of time and effort went into it and it’s cool to see you using it for some amazing meals!

No apology necessary Jed and thank you for the kind words. That grill was actually very quick & easy to make but I'm loving it. A ton of fun to cook on and it's perfect for the two of us.

Nice Robert! That is an exquisite meal that deserves praise!

Thanks so much Steve. The right piece of meat and the right tools make it hard to screw up if you pay attention :emoji_laughing:

Robert

That is a thing of beauty, Robert. Excellent work, and all cooked perfectly. The Mrs. only eats Filets.
All looks delicious, and we know it was. Again, Excellent work.

Thank you Mike. If only I could be like your wife, I'd certainly do it. I could eat these on a regular basis and never get tired of them.

Man you nailed it Robert. Knowing the great flavor of CPB I can only imagine how good those are. I think the Santa Maria was the perfect choice for those.

Very much appreciate it Jeff. I'm finding that little grill great for a lot of things. So easy to set up and use and really versatile as far as controlling cook temps. I'm loving it.

That's beautiful hunk of work Robert, looks great from where I'm sittin'! RAY

Thanks so much my friend. I was like you for years and just found grocery store tenderloin lacking flavor and just wouldn't buy it. This stuff is a game changer though.

Robert

Man makes me know it’s time to grill a steak. Nice work

Thank you!! For me though, any time is a good time to fire up a grill, especially if there's steak involved :emoji_wink:

Now THAT'S a meal fit for a king!! Very nice, indeed...

Appreciate it Charles. I'm confused though. If it's fit for a king how did somebody like me get to enjoy it? :emoji_laughing:

Man Robert. You are killing it! Everything looks awesome down to that killer salad.

Thank you Brian. I've been having some fun recently doing some interesting and tasty cooks. This one was a chart topper though.

Robert

Great looking meal! I would max out a credit card for that plate!

Thanks so much Jim but no CC involved here so come and get it. Maybe kiss the chef as a gratuity....but then again maybe not :emoji_laughing: How about just a good beer in exchange?

Man you nailed it Robert! Perfect cook on your new grill as well! And your right...I love that burgundy mushroom sauce...meat gravy, I'd put that on anything!

Thanks Ryan and as I've known for years, you'd love the gravy. I still really enjoy making the stuff and there are so many different variations you can do something for pretty much any meal.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Very nice Robert.....you are in trouble now! You are going to be hooked pretty dang firm after consuming all those beauties'! Nice cook and to many more nice cooks for sure!

Looking damned good Robert.

Thanks so much John. Great seeing you around a bit more recently but I sure do miss seeing your amazing culinary masterpieces.

That all looks Great, as always, Robert !! Like.
About 45 years ago, a Buddy of mine used to get me Whole Beef Tenderloins @ a huge discount from Genuardi's

Thank you Bear. About 15 years ago we had a friend who worked for a restaurant supply company. Once a month their butcher would cut a ton of filets and we could get them for about $10 a pound so every month we'd order 3 boxes of 10 steaks per box. Every Sunday we grilled filets for dinner. She resigned and went on a permanent sabbatical to some unknown place though and we lost our source.

Robert

Very nice Robert.....you are in trouble now! You are going to be hooked pretty dang firm after consuming all those beauties'! Nice cook and to many more nice cooks for sure!

Thank you sir but I was hooked a month or so ago when I smoked that roast. Man oh man that was good!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky