Burger presses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Forgot about this thread.I ended up with a Cuisinart 3 in 1 press.For the amount of burgers I'll be making at any one time this works great for the $8 I spent on it.

Attachments

• 074a7eef-cb51-4a98-95eb-2269c130f785_1000.jpg
    074a7eef-cb51-4a98-95eb-2269c130f785_1000.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 9
For grill/smoked burgers I have a 4" SS simple ring 1 inch tall. Yep I can quickly and easily hand fill and mash to make them as thick as I want to get them uniform in cookie sheet pans. Looks like an open top cookie cutter. Something like that could be made of a slice of 4" PVC pipe cleaned up if needed. Yep, I usually just freeze balls for smash burgers on the griddle.

For grill/smoked burgers I have a 4" SS simple ring 1 inch tall. Yep I can quickly and easily hand fill and mash to make them as thick as I want to get them uniform in cookie sheet pans. Looks like an open top cookie cutter. Something like that could be made of a slice of 4" PVC pipe cleaned up if needed. Yep, I usually just freeze balls for smash burgers on the griddle.
I have one too - mine is 5". But I prefer to cook my burgers fresh. I just drop the loose ground chuck into it and press very gently along the sides with my finger, then lift the ring so as not to compress the majority of the beef. I use a wide spatula to slide underneath. Then cook on an upside down grillgrate or a griddle on the charcoal Weber kettle. A little drizzle of a Dale's mixture will cause the burger remnants to adhere.

DCP_8164.JPG

DCP_8142.JPG

DCP_8174.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mcokevin
Where could I find one of these.

Good question. The one here is 24 inches and it bows in the middle which is unique. As you can see, I placed it on top of my 22" Weber. I got mine on sale for $59.99 and free shipping at Titan Great Outdoors, but they sold out fairly quickly and never restocked the item. It's three-eighths of an inch thick and a hefty 45 lbs. They do have another one that fits inside the 22" Weber and that one is in stock. However, it doesn't bow into the center like the 24" so I don't like it as much. It's easier to control the grease flow when the griddle bows into the center coals. Arteflame sells a 24" and quite a few other sizes but it's only a quarter inch thick and dead flat and the 24" version is $200. SnS has a 22" which is also quarter inch thick and it's around $100 I think. They call it a plancha. There are other companies that sell other versions, but none like the one I have - that I know of.

When searching, use insert, or griddle, or plancha in your search string along with weber or round.

Good luck

DCP_8141.JPG

Last edited:
Now that I rediscovered the meat market I want to making burgers in bulk.

Anyone recommend a good press? The ones I've seen in the local stores look and feel cheap.

Anyone recommend a good press? The ones I've seen in the local stores look and feel cheap.

like most others I bought a couple of cheap plastic ones with paper on Amazon. all functioned as they should, but would not want to mass produce with them. Since I've become blackstone griddle indoctrinated. I just roll my own 2.5oz balls and make smash burgers.

I use a couple like this. Not adjustable but size/volume works out fine for us.

1678454791281.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky