Better Food from Offset Smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've used them all successfully and I would say that it depends on what you are smoking and what your 'customers' prefer.

Reactions: Marknmd
I'm an offset guy, love the taste of food cook on a stick burner. I've seen and read it a lot...people complaining that their pellet grills just don't give the smokiness that an offset does. The ease of use of pellet grills is the primary selling point for them, that set-it-and-forget-it cooking. With offsets much more time, work, and learning is involved...

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I'm an offset guy, love the taste of food cook on a stick burner. I've seen and read it a lot...people complaining that their pellet grills just don't give the smokiness that an offset does. The ease of use of pellet grills is the primary selling point for them, that set-it-and-forget-it cooking. With offsets much more time, work, and learning is involved...
I agree Charles I have a Lang and out of all the smokers I've run it produces the best food. That being said I use my pellet pooper a lot more simply because I don't have to babysit it. Usually I'm trying to do things and smoke it's rare to have a day just to tend the smoker so I use the pellet and usually put an A-mazen smoker for extra smoke it seems to work and while it's not as good as the stick burner it isn't bad and allows me to do other things and just check the smoker every hour or two

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Electric smokers are more prone to smoldering fires. They also often suffer from poor convection. That said, I'd love to have a Smoking-It smoker in my arsenal for processing sausage and bacon where you really want to dial in those low temps. They look like really nice units.
I would agree Love my offset but would love to have one of these for my Sausages and Franks!

I use my pellet pooper a lot more simply because I don't have to babysit it.
Jerry, I don't own a pellet smoker, but I'm not saying I wouldn't, either. If I ever got one, it would be in addition to my 2 offsets...
Usually I'm trying to do things and smoke it's rare to have a day just to tend the smoker so I use the pellet and usually put an A-mazen smoker for extra smoke
I stay busy and it's just my nature that I can't sit around, but I love poking the fire. If I ever got a pellet smoker, I'd definitely get the A-MAZE-N smoke tube or tray for it...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky