Anyone from the SOO?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Hey guys and gals. Just got orders to Sault Ste. Marie. My wife is orignally from Ludington MI and I was stationed in Manistee. But anyone have any local info on the Soo (other than it’s cold). I’m excited we’re moving from Hawaii so the climate will be a shock at first. But I’m ready for winter again after 3 years away. I’m ready to bbq in some cold weather. Planning on living in the coast guard housing , playing hockey again and golfing. But any info from locals?

I live in the Thumb and I sure would like Hawaii . But I do like the four seasons here in Michigan . Been awhile since I was up to the UP but sure is beautiful. Good thing you like snow and cold weather.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky