1st time Venison pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
20210128_154717.jpg
just pulled 4 roasts that have been brining for 6 days. Rubbed em up and in the fridge for a rest. Smoking tomorrow. Some say smoke to I. T. Of 150 then steam. Some say foil at 150, take to I. T 200. Thoughts?

Looks awesome! Did you end up steaming it? and, if so, did you steam it to a certain temp, or just for a bit of time to heat it up?
I've tried it with venison 2 times, the first time I smoked to 150, then steamed to about 180, which dried it out too much(still tasted good, just needed more mustard!). The 2nd time, I smoked to 140, then steamed to about 150-155, which turned out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky