1st Cold Smoking in MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netbbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Northeast TN
Looking at cold smoking tonight. Temps fcsted to be 46, 43, 41, 40, 40 for next 5 hrs. AMNPS and MES. Cycling up to 100 degrees then off. 2 hours on the smoker then into the fridge until tomorrow then vacuum pac for a few weeks. About right?

1 cheddar and one Pepper Jack.  Thinking hickory, cherry or apple.  No ice.

Sounds about right! With those temps you sure won't need any ice! Be careful when you cycle it up to 100* that you don't melt the cheese.

Would put cheese in after it cycles up...turn it off, then open the door and then put the cheese and AMNPS in.

Looks good!

One row in the AMNPS will burn for about 3 hours.

If you're ever unsure you can always add more pellets while it's still burning if you need more time or pull it off and separate the good pellets from the burning ones if you have had enough. I love my AMNPS! I have found it can be very versatile. 

I don't think I smoked it long enough....but no melting.   Probably a bit too timid.  I hope that it got enough smoke.  Letting it age at least a week, if not two.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky