• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Recent content by Kevin DeShazo

  1. Kevin DeShazo

    This board is a beast!!

    I like the adjustable legs on that, very cool idea.
  2. Kevin DeShazo

    Polish/Mexican Fusion?

    We just scoop it out the pot onto a plate, top w your fave taco toppings and enjoy
  3. Kevin DeShazo

    13th Annual Carolinas Smokers Gathering-September 25 and 26th 2026

    Looks like you will have amazing weather this weekend. If I didnt have other things the wife wanted me to do, Id try to slide that way, cuz from Rock Hill to you, isnt that far
  4. Kevin DeShazo

    Polish/Mexican Fusion?

    First off, sorry I suck at not taking picts of my cooking in progress, I usually remember part the the way thru my cooks. Been a bit since Ive posted but thought Id bring tonite's menu to the table. It is a bit of Polish/Mexican fusion, a bit of merging two different but favorite things...
  5. Kevin DeShazo

    Salsa recipe search

    When we make jerk chicken or shrimp tacos I make a pineapple salsa to help balance the heat from the jerk marinade 1 diced pineapple 1-2 diced jalapenos, depending on what you like for heat 1/2 a diced red onion cilantro Splash of tequila Salt and pepper to taste Mix together and let sit in...
  6. Kevin DeShazo

    Spicy Turkey Meatball recipe?

    No worries, I dont mind the questions. I appreciate the recipe. I think the 100% white meat which is like 98% fat free, just have to make up for the moisture that would come from the fat, but guess a bit of mayo helps that along.
  7. Kevin DeShazo

    Spicy Turkey Meatball recipe?

    So, my wife had a heart attack this past Saturday and that put a pretty good scare into both of us. I do most of the cooking and I have a tendency to cook more red meat than anything else. I already have high cholesterol and now she too is on cholesterol meds, so those are some of the factors...
  8. Kevin DeShazo

    Spicy Turkey Meatball recipe?

    Does anyone have a good spicy turkey meatball recipe I can steal? We are having to make some dietary changes at the house due to a recent health scare and my wife was wanting a spicy turkey meatball recipe. Honestly, it wont hurt either of us to change our diets, age, lack of exercise, etc...
  9. Kevin DeShazo

    Improving Flavor of Gas Burgers?

    Or smoked salt or smoked pepper. Cumin works not quite the same as actual smoke, but in the ballpark
  10. Kevin DeShazo

    Any other SMF Bourbon/Whiskey "enthusiasts"?

    Man for the price, Benchmark is really hard to beat.
  11. Kevin DeShazo

    Finally some Charcoal that burns well!

    I picked up a bag of JD chunks to try out and so far, Ive been pretty happy with it. Tried a few others that for one reason or another I didnt care for but for the couple cooks I have used it for in the Egg, I like it.
  12. Kevin DeShazo

    Dr Pepper Sausage?

    Best way to describe them is meaty Dr Pepper, definitely with a nod of Dr Pepper, lil spicy brown helped balance the sweetness out a bit. I wouldnt say they are horrible, they were fine for dinner but we wont be buying them again.
  13. Kevin DeShazo

    Dr Pepper Sausage?

    We were doing our weekly shopping restock and I happened to see Johnsonville Dr Pepper inspired sausages. Now, I like Dr Pepper, wife is a bigger fan than I am and we both like grilled sausages. Im not sure about them made together. Seeing as happy wife, happy life is the house motto...
  14. Kevin DeShazo

    What was the last concert that you went to?

    Last musical concert I went to was TransSiberian Orchestra a few years ago, as for comedy concert, we took our son to see Jeff Dunham a cpl years ago. Got our son tix for Xmas to go see Jeff.
  15. Kevin DeShazo

    Orbital Sanders

    Ill take any and all advice I can get. Trying to prepare myself for the potential task at hand and how to get the results that will make the Mrs happy without replacing the cabinets.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky