ZGRILLers....HELP ME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

co smokinator

Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
I recently bought one of the cheaper model ZGrills and have yet to be able to use it. Went thru all initial firing steps. Followed steps to start smoking and not only do I get no smoke, but the temp keeps climbing regardless of where I have temp set. Talked to Customer Service. Told me something disturbing! That the higher the temp the less smoke. Should smoke at 125-150!! Does anyone have a ZGrill? Is this really true with a ZGrill?! Really disgusted at this point. Still haven't been able to smoke on it!

Don't have a ZGrill, but to the best of my knowledge, no smoke at higher temps it true on all pellet smokers except one.
When you initially start a grill, temps will climb past the point you set it at then gradually adjust.
Did customer service say anything why the temp kept climbing ?
Usually under 200f you should get some smoke, even if you can't see it.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't have a pellet pooper but I do believe the lower temp=more smoke is a common theme.

What brand of pellets are you using?

Someone with more experience with pellets will be along to help !

Keith

If the temp keeps rising no matter what you set it at, it could be either the weather or an issue with the smoker. I see you live in CO. if the temp is cold, it could be raising the temp to compensate for possibly cold weather. But if it keeps rising constantly, no matter the weather, it sounds like an issue with the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky