wsm - cold smoke modifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baltic bushman

Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
my set up to cold smoke bacon, working great so far. I'll post a photo of the end results later
20181202_105258.jpg

Nice! I had considered modding the door for mine to take a mailbox mod type duct like that. Haven't been able to find a sacrificial WSM yet and I'm not paying $35 just for a door!

I just use an A-MAZE-N tray burning pellet dust, but could see where your setup has cleaner smoke. I'm watching this!

Never seen a mod like this for a WSM. i have done cold smoking with my WSM 22 for jerky but i have never tried bacon. i use a small ring of charcoal for a little bit of heat and a AMNPS for smoke. i can cold smoke for 10 hrs at a time with that setup.

Im interested to see how this setup comes out and how well it works!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Nice! I had considered modding the door for mine to take a mailbox mod type duct like that. Haven't been able to find a sacrificial WSM yet and I'm not paying $35 just for a door!

Try Good Will. Every once in a while they'll have a large piece of stainless steel (larger than cookie sheet size) or aluminum cookie sheets come in. You can make a door out of them just for cold smoking.

now that my Cajun bandit door is confirmed to work and probably never coming off, maybe i can use my old door for this :D

Use a piece of cardboard, cut to fit everything, and use some foil tape to seal it and hold everything together.

I use the AMNPS tray and pellets for cold smoking. No heat. The pellet tray provides just enough heat to warm the chamber about 15-20 degrees.

Reactions: crawdaddy1950
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky