Where to order Duroc online

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gabes

Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
Smoking pork butt is definitely the way to go for our family since everyone loves it (my kids are picky eaters) so I do it often. As I read more articles about the high end pork (Duroc, etc.), I am very curious to perform a smoke comparison of the high end versus what I typically get (local butcher). My plan is to smoke them at the same time and perform blind taste tests.

Can anyone point me, based on your experience, a reputable place that I might be able to purchase a high-end pork butt online? It doesn't seem there are any local farms in the Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA region that raise them, which is a little surprising given. I know that online adds a significant amount due to shipping, but I figure when we go out to eat at a somewhat decent restaurant as a family, we exceed $100. I just want to rule in or rule out whether the hype is worth the money.

Look up Compart Duroc, they sell a bbq pack of 4 pork butts for a little under $200. They sell some good stuff but unless you are cooking in competitions I don't think the extra cost is worth it.

After I win the lottery a couple of times, I'd like to try out a Berkshire or Duroc belly. As I understand it, the difference is mainly in the amount and quality of fat. I wouldn't think there would be enough difference in butts to make it worth the ruinous price they get for them. Bellies or hams, though...

If you do decide to go for it, I'd sure like to see a complete report posted here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky