Where do you buy your supplies at?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up smokin troy

Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
Houghton, MI
Where does everyone buy their smoking supplies?  Casings, chips, spices, etc.  Looking for some reputable dealers to start building my sausage making collection.  As of now i am really into making snack sticks, summer sausage, and fresh sausage.  I want to trysmoking some polish soon.  Thinking of also trying bologna and different ring bolognas too!

Hi Troy, I have been buying from Sausage Maker for quite some time and have found them to be very good, with a large selection of sausage and smoking products. Hope this helps. Bruce

If I''m using my Masterbuilt, I get my pellets from Todd--I generally will buy 10lbs of Pitmaster pellets. 

If I'm using my WSM, I wait until Home Depot has their sale on charcoal--it's $5.99 for a double bag.  I'll buy 50 sets.  That'll last about a year.

I make my own rubs and sauce. Just found what you like and stick with it.  Heck, I get everything from Costco--I tend to run out of Paprika and brown sugar alot.

Ok, but please inform me on the AMNPS.  I have looked at them, but i guess i am blind to the reason everyone uses them?  Is there a reason to use them rather than regular wood chips in the tray in the smoker???  Also, where would you place the device inside the smoker??

Ok, but please inform me on the AMNPS.  I have looked at them, but i guess i am blind to the reason everyone uses them?  Is there a reason to use them rather than regular wood chips in the tray in the smoker???  Also, where would you place the device inside the smoker??

Nothing I know of, other than an AMNPS can give you 11 straight hours of perfect smoke without touching it.

Where you put it depends on what smoker you have.

In the MES the best place is on the bars, at the bottom, to the left of the chip drawer.

Bear

For Pellets, AMNPS, Q-Mats, Thermometers, and pellets I work with TJohnson at www.amazenproducts.com. This company has some of the very best customer service I have ever experienced.

For sausage supplies I use waltonsinc.com. Good prices and great quality.

I am going to sausagemaker.com a whirl as they are one of our sponsors. I hear nothing but good about them as well.

For Vac sealer stuff I deal with LisaB @ www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com Great prices and great customer service.

Last edited:
Nothing I know of, other than an AMNPS can give you 11 straight hours of perfect smoke without touching it.

Where you put it depends on what smoker you have.

In the MES the best place is on the bars, at the bottom, to the left of the chip drawer.

Bear
Bearcarver covered it perfectly.  All I'll add is, with wood chips, there's the possibility of over smoking.  If I remember correctly, Masterbuilt suggests that you add chips every 20 minutes or so.  Imagine if you're smoking a 9lb pork butt--that's to much work.  The AMNPS takes the difficulty of "smoke" out of the process.  You just fill the chambers with pellets, light it with a pencil torch, let it burn for 10 minutes to get it going and then insert into your smoker.    You can also use the AMNPS for cold smoking.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

Had my MES for 2 years.

So far this week I ordered an AMPS from Todd.

Would have ordered pellets but I live in Canada and wanted a big bag. Only saw 2lb bags on his site. Ended up ordering from BBQr's Delight. Got a 20lb hickory and a 20lb cherry for 45 total and freight included.

Still have to order my grinder and stuffer. Making a trip down to NC to visit sister so shipping everything there

Researching sausage supplies.

I want to make breakfast, brats and polish/kielbasa but I am confused on what size (MM) to get for each and whether fresh or artificial. Lot to take in for a newbie.

Thanks for the question though

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky