• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What's your occupation?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
May 23, 2013
I am on Disability, something in my head is Baffling the Doctors, my short term Memory is gone!, has been for about 25 years, but getting worse as I age. These days I shoot and Edit Videos, not only the ones I shoot, but we have several universities in town and I do a lot Video Editing for the Students. I BBQ Year Round, and I have new addition to my BBQ fleet this year.

Medina Joe

Meat Mopper
Feb 6, 2018
Staffing agency
Senior recruiter for 22 years.
Yes, I sell people for a living, and have heard every excuse or reason for calling off work.

tardissmoker

Meat Mopper
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 8, 2016
Do people actually read through 2084 posts over 11+ years? Or do they just need to tell others who they are? So since I have a GOD complex, I'm GOD (retired). Which is why, I guess, so many world leaders are trying to lure me out of retirement!

Megacannon

Apr 27, 2019
Wow! There's a LOT of retired people here! I'm a long ways off from that. In the meantime, I'm working as a business analyst/project manager at a software company.

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Professional Photographer working in photo lab for 38 yrs turning 65 in August

tx pitmaster

Fire Starter
Nov 13, 2018
I work at 'Every Day's a Saturday' now.. (retired), but was a third party waterproofing inspector when i retired, and in my first life i was a network engineer for citibank.. loved both jobs!

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
Retired Assistant Track Manager for Short line Railroad.
39 yrs in Railroading

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
DOD
Retired, USAF Black projects.......just a bit. I was at #$@! ^& *%$## $%##
If i told ya anymore i would have to......well you know. :emoji_astonished:

912smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Insurance agent/field trainer providing life and supplemental health coverage to groups for
32 yrs

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Started cooking when i was 15 , Did that until 1989. Started 2nd career as a carpenter in 1987
Working on my own as carpenter 1997. Hoping to start 3rd career some time soon collecting " Mailbox cheques "
when i win the set for life Lotto....A guy can Dream at least

David

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
My first full time job was as a meat cutter, and later a meat dept. manager, for Winn Dixie. Left there because I could see the writing on the wall with them. After that, I spent 27 years working for International Paper and retired from there. I then went to Sea School and earned my captain's license and I now run my own fishing charter business and get to fish as much as I care to. But if it ceases to be fun and becomes too much like work or a job, I'll stop it.

Last edited:

912smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Started cooking when i was 15 , Did that until 1989. Started 2nd career as a carpenter in 1987
Working on my own as carpenter 1997. Hoping to start 3rd career some time soon collecting " Mailbox cheques "

Sounds like a plan !

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky