What shelf to use?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foozer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Huxley, Iowa
I have done more smoking the past 3 months than I have done over the last 5 years. I think I am to the point of admitting ................................that I have become a smoke-a-holic. There I said it. Isn't that the first step of the 12 step program? lol
Any way, I ordered an elite 4 stump smoker a couple of weeks ago mainly so I can smoke all year round and I am wondering (never having different shelves on a smoker) how do you decided what shelf to put the meat on? Is there a system or method that works better than others? If you are only doing a couple of items on the smoker, do you put them towards the top or the center, front, back, ect. In other words how do you determine where to put the meat in the smoker? I could guess at the answer to this but I would like to here the input of more experienced smokers.
Thank you.

If you want to know anything about using the Stumps smokers, contact FatBackJoe.
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

RichTee has a very strong point in regards to health & safety. never allow any drippings to land on other food during or before the chicken is fully cooked. So keep it on the bottom shelf, besides, poultry can handle more heat than pork or beef, it doesn't need the low & slow method.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky