What Meat is This?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure...... Looks like a loin of some type. I am leaning towards a pork loin with some type of quick cure to give all that red color.......or some strange lighting........

Not sure...... Looks like a loin of some type. I am leaning towards a pork loin with some type of quick cure to give all that red color.......or some strange lighting........
X2     Canadian bacon with the much miss understood smoke ring.    
a36.gif
canadian-flag-15.gif
        Tastes like chicken....

Last edited:
I still think pork...... If you look towards the upper right corner area. The cuts look like the way pork loin looks when you cook the end pieces of the loin..... you get then grey and white marbled like pieces...... I think lighting has some to do with the more pinkish color....... but I could be totally wrong 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Don't you guys know anything??? It's roast beast!

"Then he slunk to the ice box. He took the Whos' feast, he took the who pudding, he took the roast beast. He cleaned out that ice box as quick as a flash. Why, the Grinch even took their last can of Who hash."

Don't you guys know anything??? It's roast beast!

"Then he slunk to the ice box. He took the Whos' feast, he took the who pudding, he took the roast beast. He cleaned out that ice box as quick as a flash. Why, the Grinch even took their last can of Who hash."
I Love It!!!

There from Gerry's (pineywoods) album-and he has done a lot of prime rib-when he gets in here next I'm sure he will enlighten all.

Thanks for all the responses so far.  I took all your responses and then did some google searches.  Based on what I saw online, but I still could be wrong, I now believe that it is a pork loin - my theory is only based on the color, size and shape. Again, I found the orginal picture on this website, in the photo galleries under "Smoking 3: Gallery, picture #6.  So if you are the person who submitted it, or if you know who the person is, please let us all know what meat it is. 

Now, here are some images I found online that support my theory:

Original Image

Pork Loin

Prime Rib

Roast Beef

Eye or Round Roast

Tri Tip Roast

There from Gerry's (pineywoods) album-and he has done a lot of prime rib-when he gets in here next I'm sure he will enlighten all.
Thanks for all the responses so far.  I took all your responses and then did some google searches.  Based on what I saw online, but I still could be wrong, I now believe that it is a pork loin - my theory is only based on the color, size and shape. Again, I found the orginal picture on this website, in the photo galleries under "Smoking 3: Gallery, picture #6.  So if you are the person who submitted it, or if you know who the person is, please let us all know what meat it is
desertlites is correct, maybe you should PM pineywoods and he can tell us all what it is!

Too Lean for Rib Roast...Slices are too big for Pork Loin...I think it is some very lean, low and slow, Medium Rare, cut of Beef Round...
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky