What is your Hot and Fast Brisket Technique

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomad_archer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
Brickerville, PA
So I've done a few low/slow briskets so far with good to excellent results. However the cook times have been pretty long which sometimes I love. I'd like to try one this weekend using a hot and fast technique. But I do know were to start. So for those of you that are cooking brisket hot and fast, what is your process and how are the results?

Thanks in advance.

What Al said, I have this bookmarked to try out myself. RAY

Reactions: nomad_archer
Both regular 'Hot-n-Fast' and 'Extreme Hot-n-Fast' work best with full Packer Briskets, not recommend for Flats.

Hot-n-Fast 275°-300°
Any size Packer works well.
Can run smoke for the whole cook.
Wrapped or unwrapped, under 10lbs recommend to wrap.
Wrap at 165° till probe tender at 195°-210°.
Average cook time 1 hour per pound.
I paper wrap all mine because I like the way the bark comes out.

Extreme Hot-n-Fast 375°-400°
Works best with larger briskets 15lbs +.
Recommend wrapping at 165° till probe tender at 195°-210°.
I run smoke for the first 2.5 hours at 275°-300° then raise the cooking temp to to 375°-400°.
Average cook time 6-8 hours.
You can cook at 375°-400° the whole cook, but you likely won't get a good smoke flavor.
Average cook time 4-6 hours.

Both regular 'Hot-n-Fast' and 'Extreme Hot-n-Fast' work best with full Packer Briskets, not recommend for Flats.

Hot-n-Fast 275°-300°
Any size Packer works well.
Can run smoke for the whole cook.
Wrapped or unwrapped, under 10lbs recommend to wrap.
Wrap at 165° till probe tender at 195°-210°.
Average cook time 1 hour per pound.
I paper wrap all mine because I like the way the bark comes out.

Extreme Hot-n-Fast 375°-400°
Works best with larger briskets 15lbs +.
Recommend wrapping at 165° till probe tender at 195°-210°.
I run smoke for the first 2.5 hours at 275°-300° then raise the cooking temp to to 375°-400°.
Average cook time 6-8 hours.
You can cook at 375°-400° the whole cook, but you likely won't get a good smoke flavor.
Average cook time 4-6 hours.

Was just reading your posts on these ways before you put them here. I need to try this next time I do a brisket.

chilerelleno chilerelleno first thank you! Most of my untrimmed packers are ~14-16lbs so either technique seems like a good option correct? Also do you go fat cap up or down?

Currently I've been doing mine at 250 for the whole cook and been running 14-18 hour cooks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky