What is this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
EBBEAA5E-1BFB-4FC0-A932-1F3C6738129F.jpeg
If you look at the top slab, upper left corner. There is a white patch in the meat, what could that be? I dry cured for 14 days using diggingdog. Is that anything that I should be concerned about? It sure smells good.

Reactions: Ishi
View attachment 368238
If you look at the top slab, upper left corner. There is a white patch in the meat, what could that be? I dry cured for 14 days using diggingdog. Is that anything that I should be concerned about? It sure smells good.
Nice slabs!! I’ve been studying the diggingdog calculator. Did you use PP cure #1?

Nice slabs!! I’ve been studying the diggingdog calculator. Did you use PP cure #1?
Thanks, Ishi! Yep! I’ve got several different slabs being cured, smoked, resting, etc. all using cure # 1/calculator for measurements. I’m planning to make a big thread of the entire process, once it’s all finished. I’m varying my smoking by time and smoke used (corn cob is blowing me away with the color/but I’ve yet to taste post smoke). My last belly is a little more than a week into the cure, so the thread should be complete within another 8-10 days.

Thanks, Ishi! Yep! I’ve got several different slabs being cured, smoked, resting, etc. all using cure # 1/calculator for measurements. I’m planning to make a big thread of the entire process, once it’s all finished. I’m varying my smoking by time and smoke used (corn cob is blowing me away with the color/but I’ve yet to taste post smoke). My last belly is a little more than a week into the cure, so the thread should be complete within another 8-10 days.
I’ll be waiting!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky