What are you paying for gasoline?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
So we recently were the recipients of some unwelcome news. Washington state now has the highest gas prices in the nation, surpassing even California and Hawaii. If the high state taxes on fuel weren't bad enough, the Guv pushed through an extra carbon-pricing program to "punish" the oil industry for climate change. But guess who it really punishes? They say it's added an extra $.30-$.50 per gallon.

I saw a Shell station yesterday at $5.24 a gallon. The cheapest I could find was $4.69 at Costco. My daughter bought an EV, and it's fine for putting around town. But I'm still not giving up my 2016, 5.7 ltr Hemi Dodge Challenger R/T.
20200820_162007.jpg

It's $3.xx here. Don't know exactly as I only put gas in vehicles about 3 times a year. :emoji_laughing:

$3.25~$3.30 around here for regular unleaded according to gasbuddy app. About the only thing I use gas for is mowing and weedeating, so I follow diesel prices more than gas.

$4.36 at Costco in Bellingham yesterday. Yesterday diesel was $3.99,, today it is $4.15

4.659 for reg and 4.959 for 91 octane at Costco. Chevron is 5.20 and 5.44 respectively. Does the dodge run 91 ? I am buying 91 and not looking forward to $6 again

• Wow
Reactions: jcam222
$2.97 for regular at Wally World just down the road from me in Murfreesboro, TN! No cost membership there is another $.03 off. Paid membership is another $.10 off.

Paid 3.19 for regular yesterday

3.59 to 3.69 in Northern VT. depending on what town you're buying it in around here.

Chris

Not sure on gas prices here either... but way cheaper than where you live... I drive two diesels so can't help much.

Ryan

Around 3.25 for regular here in East TN. Run premium so it’s a little more pricey but use Kroger fuel points so that helps a little.

4.499 at Costco. My truck has a 36 gallon tank and gets real bad MPG in town. Fortunately, I work from home. My son just turned 16. I'd love to get him a truck to drive to school. But that's not happening with current gas prices.

Reactions: DougE
4.499 at Costco. My truck has a 36 gallon tank and gets real bad MPG in town. Fortunately, I work from home. My son just turned 16. I'd love to get him a truck to drive to school. But that's not happening with current gas prices.
I have one chevy gas SUV, and the 2500HD extended cab diesel PU. The diesel gets quite a few more MPG and is usually the better one to drive even with diesel being a little higher. Pulling a trailer or the like also doesn't have much effect on MPG, if any with the diesel.

I have one chevy gas SUV, and the 2500HD extended cab diesel PU. The diesel gets quite a few more MPG and is usually the better one to drive even with diesel being a little higher. Pulling a trailer or the like also doesn't have much effect on MPG, if any with the diesel.
If I drove more I'd get a car. But I also have an old Mustang. I hope to get her back on the road soon to use as my daily driver.

Reactions: DougE
If I drove more I'd get a car. But I also have an old Mustang. I hope to get her back on the road soon to use as my daily driver.
I don't have a work commute (disabled/retired, call it whichever) anymore, but still farm and have some driving to do to go get stuff I need from town, or farther sometimes.

2.98 here at Sam’s Club.
Nice ride btw. I had a challenger for a few years that I “inherited” from the wife after she decided she needed something bigger. I traded that sucker for a Chevy Silverado with a 6.2 asap.

4.98 average in So Cal. I am lucky enough that since I am retired that I only have to fill up about once every 6 weeks now. The 4Runner takes regular gas so that is good for me. I can save a bit by getting it at Costco when it's not as busy.

It sucked last year when work made me drive 32 miles each way in the worst traffic in the USA. I had to fill up twice a week at $90 a pop. That is no longer the case.

4runner_071.jpg

Reactions: DonP
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky