Wham Bam Thank You Pan:Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
Laziness I tell ya! I started with ~ 3 lbs Smithfield 80/20 ground pork. Used the great calculator @diggingdogfarm;) to mix dry cure and sent a PM to tropics tropics ;)
Cured in fridge a couple three days. Turned out on one of my big money "mats" from Wallyworld. Set up baby WSM minion and fired with ~ a dozen live coals. She ran fairly consistent for the weather 165 to 180. Hickory providing the flava o de day. The amorphous mass was transformed...Shazam! Camped out overnight wrapped in fridge,then eagerly carved by my hard working Chinaman.

KIMG0235.jpg
KIMG0238.jpg
KIMG0239.jpg
KIMG0241.jpg
KIMG0242.jpg

KIMG0243.jpg
KIMG0244.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great. I have one pack left. I better get busy makin some.

I just gotta try some of that!!
POINT
Gary
Thanks Gary.It's rather healthy comparatively to regular bacon.That is/was not my aim though.I like the consistency of it and the way it cooks very evenly.It makes great BLT's too!

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky