Weekend butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Southwest Idaho
The wife said she was jonesing for a pulled pork sandwich, Carolina style. I don't know what happened to that woman but I approve.

SSPOG, into the smoker. I was late getting this in, so I'm going to have to cook it at a higher temp so we can eat before midnight. Probably 275.

I'm out of hickory, so I'm using pecan and cherry today.

Last edited:
Yummmm I'll be watching...... 
drool.gif

Thanks, guys! Five hours in and I hit the stall at 180. I think I'll be okay. Three more hours should be plenty of time and that gives me an hour rest as well.

I love cherry/pecan it's what I use most. If I had a plane I would have to parachute in for dinner,lucky for you I don't.:biggrin:

Thanks, guys! Five hours in and I hit the stall at 180. I think I'll be okay. Three more hours should be plenty of time and that gives me an hour rest as well.

3 more hours should be plenty of time... Watch it be one of them stubborn butts. :biggrin:
I like smoking pork & chicken with cherry.

3 more hours should be plenty of time... Watch it be one of them stubborn butts. :biggrin:
I like smoking pork & chicken with cherry.

Middle of the butt registers 198, the solid muscle in the front is 185. I'll give it to 190 and then into the foil for a rest.

Very nicely done... the bark is real nice... i am barkin like a dog here ... points for sure ... can tell you have done this cause the slaw on the sammich .... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky